CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

My Craigslist scores of the weekend! (snake and t-stat!)

Old 03-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #31
spyderk
Yes, she has a lot of pink/peach tones!

I would love to have my husband build a 6 ft long cage for her, as a gorgeous display in our living room.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #32
MegF.
I've got two large display cages in my livingroom....both had my False water cobras but since I had one of them die I'm planning on making that cage into a cool natural habitat for my watersnake.....just working on finding a pump to make running water and such for his "pond" in there.....

Old 03-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #33
spyderk
I just bought Casey an Animal Plastics T8 cage! This will be my first actual reptile cage purchase.

She's eaten twice for me without issue, and had 1 lovely poop so far. We also moved about 2 weeks ago, so she's had a lot of transition in a short time, but she seems to be a pretty well-adjusted snake.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #34
MegF.
That's great! It's always good when they are laid back and not so nervous....

Old 03-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #35
Joba
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderk View Post
I just bought Casey an Animal Plastics T8 cage!
I have three of them; I love them.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #36
knox
How did I miss this thread?

It's great to see your kids! And the Boa as well. Hopefully, the worst of the winter is behind you.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #37
spyderk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegF. View Post
I've got two large display cages in my livingroom....both had my False water cobras but since I had one of them die I'm planning on making that cage into a cool natural habitat for my watersnake.....just working on finding a pump to make running water and such for his "pond" in there.....
That is a great idea, btw! I know you'll post pictures when it happens.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:03 PM   #38
spyderk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba View Post
I have three of them; I love them.
Do you have them stacked? I'd love to see pictures of your setups, so send me a link if you already have a thread somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox View Post
How did I miss this thread?

It's great to see your kids! And the Boa as well. Hopefully, the worst of the winter is behind you.
I really thought you had commented here, but it must be something else I'm thinking about! Better late than never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegF. View Post
That's great! It's always good when they are laid back and not so nervous....
She gets nervous at times, kinda pulls her head back into an S shape at times, which makes me wonder if we have annoyed her too much or something. But then she snaps out of it and doesn't seem phased by what's going on in front of her. I know she's so new to us, so it'll take time to really read her and her moods.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:05 PM   #39
Joba
I apologize if the image is huge. So here's the stack of T8s. The bottom is my male BCI. The top is a divided T8 with my two corns living side-by-side. The middle is also a divided T8 with my 2013 female albino BCI and my dumerils; next year the divider will disappear the dumerils will get the whole thing, and my albino girl will get her own T13 (48X30X18), which will be on the bottom of the stack (that will be fun to rearrange). Clear as mud?

Old 03-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #40
spyderk
I get it! So how often are the snakes knocking the temp boxes down? Casey is always tipping hers over. Since it's not her permanent cage, I haven't done anything to secure it.

Thank you for the picture!

Also - I assume you use Flexwatt to heat the bottom portion of the cages? I am going to do that, but I may need a RHP to keep the ambient temp up. Darn Wisconsin winters ...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google