CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

A look at a murder's criminal history

Old 03-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Chip
A look at a murder's criminal history

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201.../igraphic.html

This story just infuriated me. 22 acts of violence before he murdered, and had hardly spent any time behind bars. As much as I hate the "just build more prisons" mentality, guys like this should have been locked up a LOT sooner.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
JessKeen
You know how when something is horribly wrong with a baby snake and there is nothing to be done you have to stick it in the freezer, or feed it to a king, etc? Yeah...well...that's all I have to say about that.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201.../igraphic.html

This story just infuriated me. 22 acts of violence before he murdered, and had hardly spent any time behind bars. As much as I hate the "just build more prisons" mentality, guys like this should have been locked up a LOT sooner.
I love that we put people who smoke weed behind bars for years and years, but violence? Eh. Whatever. Totally bass-ackward criminal justice system.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
Chip
A lot of drug crimes have mandatory minimums, 3 strikes law, and so forth attached to them. I remember a 60 Minutes or 20/20 on the matter, and judge after judge told stories about how they had no authority TO be lenient in these cases and it broke their hearts to put non-violent kids away for 20 years, etc. Weird that there would be no 3 strikes laws for violent offenders. As I read down that article, I kept waiting to get to the murder, but it was just arrest after arrest and trial after trial with slaps on the wrist. Didn't get the impression his family was loaded or anything, either.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #5
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
I love that we put people who smoke weed behind bars for years and years, but violence? Eh. Whatever. Totally bass-ackward criminal justice system.
Such a sad statement for our justice system. And his mother just kept bailing him out. She is almost as guilty as he is.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #6
Joba
Is he a Kennedy?

Old 03-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #7
AliCat37
Have to like the guy who water boarded and strangled a kitten to death, filmed the whole thing, and gets a slap on the wrist of next to nothing. He's heading down the same violent path.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #8
Zombiegirl
I read all of these and the more I read the more enraged I became...this is so horrific and could probably have been avoided if the damned "justice" system would've done the job along time ago...so sad...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google