CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

(CHIP help?)My hognose snake is going to die

Old 03-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #21
Hebidoshi
Not sure exactly what kind of frogs you are suppose to feed to a corn snake, but if you go to a tropical fish shop they sell feeder frogs there.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #22
Zombiegirl
Chip would it be unreasonable for him to try (AT A LATER TIME) to put the hoggie in a small deli cup with the pinky and leave it over night? That is how I got my hoggie to start eating again after his winter fast and it seems to help?

Old 03-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #23
Chip
Deli cups work sometimes, by all means give it a shot. What I do find with fasting hog babies is that sometimes they just CRAWL 24/7. If it's doing that, it can literally crawl through the pinkie until it's near liquefied. It can make for a pretty gross container in the morning, but I doubt that would put the snake off of wanting to eat later.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #24
Zombiegirl
Interesting! Mine didn't have that problem but good to know lol...ick >.<

Old 03-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #25
Chip
The first time I saw that, I thought the baby had eaten at first! Then realized it hadn't gained a 10/th of a gram, and the smeary stuff in the deli wasn't poop.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:40 PM   #26
Zombiegirl
Well as my hoggie is currently trapped with his dinner tonight I will keep that in mind when I check on him tomorrow lol

Old 03-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #27
Chip
If he's laying, it should be fine. But if he's running circles...

Old 03-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #28
Zombiegirl
He's pretty lazy really...(sorry to hijack the thread!!)

Old 03-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #29
AshWolFF
I don't know where you particularly live in Japan, I'm residing in Texas right now, but I live in Osaka.

If worse goes to worst I'm sure you can drive out to this place.

Don't know if this helps but this is a Herp vet that I highly recommend. They are good people. Here is their contact information, I've translated it most of it for you:

Hitoshi Koieyama
Reptile Clinic
Hongo 3-2-3, Bunkyo-ku
Tokyo 113-0033
TEL: 03-5684-9221, FAX: 03-5684-9229
Consultation Hours: Weekdays 10am-12noon / 4pm-8pm, Saturdays 4pm-8pm, Sundays/Holidays: 10am-12noon and 1:30pm - 5pm; Closed Every Wednesday

Old 03-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #30
Spencer
I did go to a exotic vet already.....
Another one in Tokyo, (I'm in saitama close to Tokyo.) they just said they could only do give him a nutrient shot. That's it. They said That's even not a big deal to do this stage. I tried putting it in a small cardboard box, But all.he did was stick.his nose out the air holes and sit there or make loud noises.... But I'll try again in a week which is the next time I'll attempt a feed as chip said I made him bleed last time....
CHIP, how bout a trip to Japan to get my snake to eat Lol?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google