CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

best way to clean glass

Old 08-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
tcr03
best way to clean glass

ok i just go a aquarium that was used. and it has a water line stain on it. i need to get it cleaned. ive tried using white vinager and oxyclean. any other opinions.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
princess
hmmmm, I can't offer any other suggestions, I've always heard that vinegar is the best way to clean off water stain.

In Australia we have (had when I lived there) a product called CLR clear. The CLR stands for Calcium, Lime, Rust. I'm sure there's a product like that near you. Good luck,
Adèle

Old 08-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
tcr03
yeh we have clr here. ill try that next unless anyone else has any sugestions

Old 08-06-2005, 02:43 PM   #4
mbdorfer
I have one that is impossible to clean. It was used as a turtle tank so it has a waterline about half way up all around. I've used CLR, Lime Away, white vinegar, baking soda, soft scub, you name it. It simply will not go away. I guess I'll use it for mice. Good luck with yours

Old 08-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #5
Chris Steele
I've used EVERYTHING on my 20gal and nothing works. I have even tried using a razor with some progress, but it would probably take 48 solid hours to do it well, which is completely unreasonable. It has a thick white lining around the top from when it was used for fish and such and it is there to stay apparently. It disappears when I'm cleaning it, but comes back as it dries. I've cleaned it more times than I could count. I am definately open to anything anyone can tell me to clean that off though, it'd be a blessing.

Old 08-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #6
tcr03
yeh i wish mine was at the top of the tank. mine is on the bottom of the tank. its about 4 inches high and all the way around.

Old 08-07-2005, 02:02 AM   #7
kathylove
Did you try using a razor (in one of those scraper handles to make it easier) after soaking the glass with a dish soap and water solution? It makes it slippery and easier to deal with.

Old 08-07-2005, 06:39 AM   #8
colinmcc
Did you try coca cola ?

Lie the tank on it's side (you'll have to do a side at a time) and pour enough coke on the side to cover it. Leave it overnight and wipe it down in the morning.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #9
mbdorfer
I've just added Mr. Clean and Easy Off oven cleaner to the list. OK I'll try anything! Going to get some coke

Old 08-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #10
TandJ
Muratic Acid.. Be very careful... Should pull any deposits off, just might be hard for you to find muratic acid, check pool supply stores.. Remember, if there is any water present before the application of acid there is going to be a very severe reaction.. Acid before water..

Regards..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google