• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

best way to clean glass

tcr03

install guru
ok i just go a aquarium that was used. and it has a water line stain on it. i need to get it cleaned. ive tried using white vinager and oxyclean. any other opinions.

hmmmm, I can't offer any other suggestions, I've always heard that vinegar is the best way to clean off water stain.

In Australia we have (had when I lived there) a product called CLR clear. The CLR stands for Calcium, Lime, Rust. I'm sure there's a product like that near you. Good luck,
Adèle

I have one that is impossible to clean. It was used as a turtle tank so it has a waterline about half way up all around. I've used CLR, Lime Away, white vinegar, baking soda, soft scub, you name it. It simply will not go away. I guess I'll use it for mice. Good luck with yours :cheers:

I've used EVERYTHING on my 20gal and nothing works. I have even tried using a razor with some progress, but it would probably take 48 solid hours to do it well, which is completely unreasonable. It has a thick white lining around the top from when it was used for fish and such and it is there to stay apparently. It disappears when I'm cleaning it, but comes back as it dries. I've cleaned it more times than I could count. I am definately open to anything anyone can tell me to clean that off though, it'd be a blessing.

yeh i wish mine was at the top of the tank. mine is on the bottom of the tank. its about 4 inches high and all the way around.

Did you try using a razor (in one of those scraper handles to make it easier) after soaking the glass with a dish soap and water solution? It makes it slippery and easier to deal with.

Did you try coca cola ?

Lie the tank on it's side (you'll have to do a side at a time) and pour enough coke on the side to cover it. Leave it overnight and wipe it down in the morning.

I've just added Mr. Clean and Easy Off oven cleaner to the list. OK I'll try anything! Going to get some coke :grin01:

Muratic Acid.. Be very careful... Should pull any deposits off, just might be hard for you to find muratic acid, check pool supply stores.. Remember, if there is any water present before the application of acid there is going to be a very severe reaction.. Acid before water..

Regards..

ok, i picked up some of this spot x stuff. im gonna give that a try tomorrow and if that doesnt work, then im going to use the acid. i found some of the acid at home depot for about 7 bucks. ill let you know. ill take before and after pics for ya.

well im in the process of using the acid. it doesnt look like its working to well. but we will have to see.

yeh i have desided to just except it. im going to get a backing and some sides for my tank.

All I can say is woww.. You has a nasty hard water stain then.. Wish I could have helped more..

Regards..

Back