CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Sad News :(

Old 08-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Bubbles
Unhappy Sad News :(

hey people i just got some bad news today. last night my girlfriend smelly a funny smell i though it was the crickets like one of them had died or something. this morning i checked my tarantulas cage and he was laying there dead on her back. at first i thought she could be sleeping so i knocked her a bit but no movement. meh i am not sure what the cause of death was i suspect old age or possible disease or maybe even the crickets it eats could have killed it. i have herd crickets can cause damage to tarantulas by jumping on them because tarantulas are very fragile and can bleed to death. Iver way poor sids dead.

here is a picture of him alive taken about a week ago:

Old 08-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
princess
I'm really sorry for your loss. It's awful to lose a pet...but please warn us arachnaphobes that a big pic of a big spider is about to pop up on the screen!!!

I think I just gave myself whiplash when I recoiled...we have really fast internet and I sit close!!!

Honestly though, I am sorry for your loss.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #3
Bubbles
lol ok sorry about that hehehe chers for making me laugh btw.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:29 PM   #4
princess
anytime!

Old 08-09-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
Chris Steele
Haha, I was thinking the same thing princess.. just didn't wanna let it show that there is one animal that im horrified of!

Old 08-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #6
Jynx
Aww that sucks so much! I'm sorry to hear that hun! I've always been a fan of the eight-leggers too. Cried my eye out when my cobalt died

He was a BEAUTIFUL spider by the way!

Old 08-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #7
Jynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Steele
Haha, I was thinking the same thing princess.. just didn't wanna let it show that there is one animal that im horrified of!
Hey we all have our phobias. Scorpions... the ONE animal that makes my skin crawl... sheeeeeesh... Gives me chills just thinking about it. I LOVE spiders though. I'll have to post a pic of my tat for ya Bubbles... kind of a tribute to your little beauty there.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:22 PM   #8
graffixcs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx
Aww that sucks so much! I'm sorry to hear that hun! I've always been a fan of the eight-leggers too. Cried my eye out when my cobalt died

He was a BEAUTIFUL spider by the way!
Just one eye huh Jynx ? (maybe I missed something).

Bubbles, look on the bright side, you get to go shopping again. I hear it helps the grieving.

Being from Aus originaly I have played with all sorts of bitey things, but wasps ar peeved 24/7, I hate those little buggers.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #9
dionythicus
I've been considering getting into tarantulas and have learned that in many species the males only live a few months to a year or two, long enoug hto proceate and not much else. It's the females that can live up to 20-30 years. That's why they cost so much more from a breeder. It may very well be that yours was male and had lived out its normal life expectancy.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #10
princess
Did you have teacup saucer sized huntsmans...urgh...I had those all over the joint when I was a kid growing up in the country. I think that's partly where my phobia of the big brown hairy ones comes from.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google