CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

College Football

Old 08-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
Joejr14
College Football

I'm sure we've got some college football fans on the board, so I'm wondering what you guys think of the recent NCAA rule banning Native American mascots, symbols, etc from NCAA postseason events.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
CAV
I could care less cuz it doesn't affect my University, unlike that bigoted and Native American hating Florida school. Racism is just sick Joe!

On a related note, at least FSU won't have to worry about making the post season so the ban doesn't really hurt you guys too much!

Of course I don't really follow college ball..............

Old 08-11-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
Gronk
College ball ??

Let's start talking NFL.....not that farm system we call the NCAA !!

Old 08-11-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
Mets38
Wink I'm with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk
College ball ??

Let's start talking NFL.....not that farm system we call the NCAA !!
I count the days until the NFL season starts and baseball ends! I am a die hard redskin fan.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
Joejr14
Oish, the NFL blows.

It's a bunch of whiny millionaires bitching that they don't make enough money. There's no pagentry and no spirit like there is in college football.

I've been to NFL games, and they simply do not compare at all to college games.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:49 PM   #6
Mets38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Oish, the NFL blows.

It's a bunch of whiny millionaires bitching that they don't make enough money. There's no pagentry and no spirit like there is in college football.

I've been to NFL games, and they simply do not compare at all to college games.

How about MLB?

Old 08-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
wikkedkornman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Oish, the NFL blows.

WOW, something i can agree with you on! i don't watch football anymore. i choose to watch Extreme fighting instead. UFC, K-1,Pride,etc....., REAL men that aren't afraid to get hurt, and they do it for a helluva lot less than NFL players make.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #8
Gronk
Joe, you only look at the cheerleaders anyway....

Mia...die hard Lions fan here...sigh...I think the "die" part is most applicable ! LOL ! Used to have season tickets..but escalating cost and poor performance on the field made me let them go.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #9
CAV
Speaking of ticket prices, Division I college tickets are as much as NFL tickets! Tickets for the Texas A&M-Texas Game are $85!!!! I can see the Cowboys play the 'Skins for only another $15.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:25 PM   #10
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAV
Speaking of ticket prices, Division I college tickets are as much as NFL tickets! Tickets for the Texas A&M-Texas Game are $85!!!! I can see the Cowboys play the 'Skins for only another $15.
You guys are getting ripped off.

Tickets for FSU games are $30-$38 ($38 for being the higher end games this year).

Hell, season tickets are only $214.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google