CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

World record Corn Snake Clutches?

Old 05-10-2004, 10:21 AM   #41
kathylove
My computer and Internet are back to normal at last!

(that is the 3rd router we have had to buy since getting DSL about 1 1/2 years ago!)

I get quite a few females that lay in the low to mid 20s size clutches and a number of them lay in the upper 20s - especially bigger, older females. But I only rarely get clutches into the 30s. I had one female ghost that always laid right around 32, almost always all fertile eggs. Then she would double clutch and lay another 10 - 15 fertiles, plus some infertiles, as well. She did really well until she was about 13 or so. She started looking pretty geriatric, so I gave her to a nature center for "retirement" - don't know if she is still alive or not.

This year I had one lay 37 eggs that look good - my best single clutch so far.

Back when we had a herp vet come to us at Glades every week or two, we tried various vet solutions to egg binding (he palpated and killed two females in one year, so I wasn't impressed with that!). He also used oxytocin, but said it rarely worked (it didn't, at least for us). I don't think he ever tried calcium though. I have gotten so used to my methods (removing through cloaca if close, aspirating is distant) and have had such good success, that I don't really bother with anything else at this point.

My first babies started hatching yesterday, so it all begins again NOW! Back to work!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 AM   #42
MojaveReptiles
So far, my largest came from a hypo motley het amel female i have... she did a clutch of 27 last year, and then a clutch of 24 this year:

Last Year:

Old 07-09-2010, 06:25 AM   #43
rolandslf
Look, I am getting old now, but , I think in either 2006 or 2007 on this Forum, I documented a female of mine laying a single clutch of 47 eggs of which 13 were slugs. So 34 hatchlings.

I think it was on this Forum.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #44
CornSnakeBreeder
My largest clutch was last year, my amel het snow female laid 26 eggs, 2 were infertile, so 24 hatchlings. That was her first time. This year she laid 25 eggs, all fertile! And then she laid a second clutch of 19 eggs and only 1 infertile!

Also, my normal female laid 25 eggs this year, 2 died half way through incubation. Last year was my normal females first time too, and she laid 20 eggs, 2 infertiles. This year she laid a second clutch of 11 eggs, and only 3 fertile.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #45
Asbit
Very interesting reading, hopefully I will be able to compare numbers next spring!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google