CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

How to Make a Simple Reptile Incubator

Old 04-23-2008, 05:08 AM   #21
strawberry_bunny
thats similar to mine only my heat mats on the bottom and i have doweling? pushed throw to allow air flow and so the boxes of eggs dont sit on it

Old 05-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #22
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
That's what I moved to last year, and it worked great last year. I still had some mold/fungus, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as when I used the wetter method previous years.

I think the cooler (100 Qt.??) was on sale for $69.99 last year (reg. $99?). Simple strip of 4" flexwatt (I had a UTH on the bottom last year) keeps the temps within a degree from top to bottom . . . there's a computer fan to circulate the air that you can't see in the pic.

D80
Do you put your thermostat probe in with one of the clutches or inside the cooler itself?

Old 05-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #23
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyn127 View Post
Do you put your thermostat probe in with one of the clutches or inside the cooler itself?
Danny I place the temp probe in with the clutch. I only incubate Python eggs in an incubator. All my corn snake eggs are kept at ambient temp of the colubrid room. Hope that helps.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #24
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyn127 View Post
Hey Danny, the thermostat probe is inside the incubator proper, the temperature probes go into the egg boxes, and one outside the egg boxes. One temp probe goes in a bottom box, one goes in a top box, and the probe is in the middle along with a third temp probe. I have about a 1 degree difference between the top and bottom even though there's a fan circulating the air. Heat rises.

D80

Old 05-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #25
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
there's a fan circulating the air.

D80

I just picked up a small refrigerator to convert. How did you wire the computer fan?

Old 04-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #26
Monkeydragontiger
Wow by blizzard corn is about to lay eggs and I have this exact set up ready before hand. I was really worried about the excess condensation on top but you gave a very nice bit of advice in leaving the lid tilted slightly. Thank you very much for shring this !!!

Old 04-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #27
fallenfromgrace47
I did almost exactly this for my eggs last year and it works perfectly. Never had an issue with humidity or temps and only had to add water to the tank once!

Old 04-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #28
Chip
I built a fridge incubator years back using these plans: http://arbreptiles.com/cages/incubator.shtml

Old 04-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #29
Cornsnakeluver89
Will this work?

I want to get a submercible heater for my incubator,but I don't know which one to get. Should I get a 50 watt,a 150 watt,etc?

Is this one good? It lets you pick the temp.
http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Heaters...sh+tank+heater

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google