• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Work in progress

Dmvr

IMG_20160510_211852 (575x1024).jpg

Still needs a bit of tweaking before its finished, maybe some nice backgrounds, and some fake grass on the higher levels.

Hope it's ok

Just for interest sake... There are ventilation holes drilled in the backing on the bottom "shaded" area, I have a under tank heater running on the right hand side of pic.
Lighting is a tube style under counter fluorescent bulb. Photo is a bit crap, sorry

I like it. Using the height as well. Out of curiosity (and because it isn't immediately evident) how are the platforms mounted?

Looks like a luxury condo for corns! I like it! Must be really cool to have that much space to dedicate to your sneaky ones! Just curious, does it have any prospective tenants?

BTW, in NYC, real estate like THAT is very expensive and extremely rare! I pay over $1000 a month rent for my own digs and my apartment is so small that when someone rings the front doorbell, my toilet bowl flushes!!

I like it. Using the height as well. Out of curiosity (and because it isn't immediately evident) how are the platforms mounted?

I used the type of fasteners usually used for cabinets, and have some pillars to support the sides not attached to the cage. The pillars are basically the wooden style curtain rods cut to size.
My corn uses all of it, she enjoys going to the top hide quite often when she wants some cooler temps.

Looks like a luxury condo for corns! I like it! Must be really cool to have that much space to dedicate to your sneaky ones! Just curious, does it have any prospective tenants?

BTW, in NYC, real estate like THAT is very expensive and extremely rare! I pay over $1000 a month rent for my own digs and my apartment is so small that when someone rings the front doorbell, my toilet bowl flushes!!

:roflmao: and yes, the pic is quite crap, but there is a corn in there, can just make her out on the bottom right. She is about 2 1/2 years old, +- 90cm (3ft?)
Will probably keep her alone in there. I have a aquarium type tank that I keep her in while i do renovations which will eventually be used for another buddy I hope.

Wow! Isn't she the lucky one! That's really awesome! Wish I had skills half that good, but when it comes to carpentry, I'm all thumbs!

I'm not that handy either lol, took me some time and a few "choice" words to get it sorted.
The cabinet itself was an old unit I fixed up and closed off and then just tweaked it a bit to suit my needs.
Was lucky to get most of the materials from friends and family, cost me basically nothing except for lights / heat sources and a few bits and bobs.

Back