CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Red Corn?

Old 01-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #1
Twolunger
Red Corn?

I was talking to a lady regarding her snakes, and she said she had one red corn snake she would like to sell, as it had no mate. I didn't need one but said I'd look at it just in case someone I know was looking for one. Turns out it wasn't a corn snake or even a rat snake, but a Columbian Red Tail boa. She said she bought it as a corn snake. I looked at the other snakes she had and they were all Ball pythons. At least nobody told her those were corns.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I was talking to a lady regarding her snakes, and she said she had one red corn snake she would like to sell, as it had no mate. I didn't need one but said I'd look at it just in case someone I know was looking for one. Turns out it wasn't a corn snake or even a rat snake, but a Columbian Red Tail boa. She said she bought it as a corn snake. I looked at the other snakes she had and they were all Ball pythons. At least nobody told her those were corns.
Oh, wow! LOL
Poor gal.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:57 PM   #3
Twolunger
Well at least she can look for the proper mate for it now. LOL.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #4
Corning
Quote:
Well at least she can look for the proper mate for it now. LOL.

That’s pretty dumb for someone who has pythons. If she doesn’t have the internet she could have checked out a book at the Library. I know some old people that still use the library.
Dewy decimal system it or whatever. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 01-25-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corning View Post
That’s pretty dumb for someone who has pythons. If she doesn’t have the internet she could have checked out a book at the Library. I know some old people that still use the library.
Dewy decimal system it or whatever. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You forget, some people just plod along in life, never questioning, or researching. I don't think she has any intentions of breeding her snakes anyway. Some people are content just having them. I am guessing she will just sell the boa now.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #6
Rich Z
Who the heck did she buy it from? Seems to me that this is where the headspace alignment needs to take place.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:04 PM   #7
Twolunger
The only thing she said was that she bought her pets at a Repticon show. Since there was no corn I didn't stick around to chat much after that.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:16 AM   #8
MysticExotics
Quote:
The only thing she said was that she bought her pets at a Repticon show. Since there was no corn I didn't stick around to chat much after that.
That is really sad. She is clearly uninformed, but whoever sold that snake to her is a tool.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #9
Twolunger
You pays your money and picks your snake. Unfortunately, some sellers don't care what you do with the snake after the sale. We always gave a buyer a care sheet, and if they were not prepared to care for a snake immediately we told them to make the necessary
housing arrangements and call us to buy a snake later. Sometimes we never heard back, but at least the snake didn't suffer in less than optimal conditions.

Old 05-24-2019, 12:55 AM   #10
Brent36
Stalemate situation. I wonder how she made the choice?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google