CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Baby Corn Snake

Old 02-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #1
sophielinder
Baby Corn Snake

Hey guys! I just got a new baby corn snake and I would like some tips on how to feed his stubborn self? Name:  IMG_5707.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  156.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-01-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
Shiari
How long have you had him? Usually you want them to settle in for a week or two before you start handling so that you can be sure they're eating well. So if he's not eating I would stop handling until he is. Make sure his temperatures are okay (what are they? How are you supplying heat? How are you measuring the temperature? How are you controlling the temperature?), make sure he has lots of things to hide under, and leave a f/t pinky that you've heated up in very very hot water in his tank overnight. Feed him at night and then turn the lights off.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #3
Twolunger
He has obviously been eating, so he's not an obdurate feeder. If he is getting ready to shed he may refuse to eat temporarily. As mention by Shiari, make sure your temps are correct. I usually heat a pinkie to near boiling and let it cool a little then put the pinkie and corn in a deli cup and leave it in a dark place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google