• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pip-pip-hurrah!

Congratulations! Someone else in the last day got a baby to eat with just a head. Can't remember who. Lisa and the greyband baby?

Now, thanks to a helpful momma mouse, the 5 late starters from Pearl are tucking into their first feeds. I'm just thawing out heads for the little 'uns again, because the live pinks are too big for them.

I've euthanised the problem feeders. Repeated refusals and loss of weight in 5 of the babies meant I decided to give up. 3 of them took a pink head one time, then nothing. Live pinks, washed pinks, chicken scented, all refused. As these included my possible keepers, the 2 hypos and my only anery het blood, I had a hard time coming to a decision, thinking 'just one more try' every week.
On a brighter note, I've got 11 fat thriving hatchlings still waiting to go to the petshop.

I wish I could have worked magic on them myself, or indeed sent them to you. It was getting to the stage where they were definately weaker and were losing weight, so I had to pony up. Skeeter will have them thawed later in the week, at least that will make me feel better than throwing them away.

I have half a dozen that are going the same route J9. It works that way sometimes.
Yep, thanks Wade. It's just the reality of breeding any animal, some aren't going to make it, and chances are it'll be the prettiest or unusual ones that don't feed!

Sorry to hear some didn't make it, especially the keepers. If you lived near me I'd let you have one of my anery bloodred babies next year.

Back