• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First Clutch Finally Pipping!

It that the one that had the bloody bubbles?

If so, he/she probably cut one of the tiny veins in the egg and made a mess by trying to breathe through it. Of course this could have lead to him/her having some bloody goo dry on its head.

Just my two cents. :shrugs:

Any guesses on this little one? I was so excited that I forgot to pop it...

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

Nice looking anery . Maybe just a aberrant animal or a new mutation, good luck with it . I would breed it back to its parents

WOW!

Huge congrats, Josh! That's an amazing first clutch! :dancer: I don't know which one I like best. Guess it's a good thing I don't have to choose anyway - I'm probably not up for the fight that's already brewing!

It that the one that had the bloody bubbles?

If so, he/she probably cut one of the tiny veins in the egg and made a mess by trying to breathe through it. Of course this could have lead to him/her having some bloody goo dry on its head.

Just my two cents. :shrugs:
Agreed.

It may just be me, but it _almost_ looks motley, too. (Was thinking that yesterday.) It is a weird looking little critter. Any Motley or Banding (of the motley type, or of the 'run of the mill' banding type) in the family tree?

Ahem...question now goes for post 40 and for post 102.

And Vinny is the man. I agree with him regarding his commentary on the snow.

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

I think it looks like a motley charcoal (has a bluish tint on my screen) that is het defused. Don't many het defused snakes have the line of clear belly down the middle? If you do not want to keep that one you can give it to me lol! I think I could stand to look at it :crazy02:

I think it looks like a motley charcoal (has a bluish tint on my screen) that is het defused. Don't many het defused snakes have the line of clear belly down the middle? If you do not want to keep that one you can give it to me lol! I think I could stand to look at it :crazy02:
All hatchlings in blue have that color. All hatchlings shed very shortly after hatching.
I thought you were downsizing, Katherine? All plans involving diffusion, I mean.
And Josh, heterozygous diffused is not outside the realm of possibility, based on the genetics you stated in the OP.

All hatchlings in blue have that color. All hatchlings shed very shortly after hatching.
I thought you were downsizing, Katherine? All plans involving diffusion, I mean.
And Josh, heterozygous diffused is not outside the realm of possibility, based on the genetics you stated in the OP.

No, I still want to work with diffused I just have to put those plans on hold due to the loss of my diffused male. Not really downsizing, I had rehomed a 5 year old amel, because it was supposed to be female but was male and I had an amel male already, then kha my jungle escaped never to be seen. I then redesigned my enclosures trying for more security. Then I rehomed Brass to get some money to help with an emergency (she went to a friend who plans to breed next year if brass hits over 300g and will give me a baby free). Then somehow Red Rum, my diffused male escaped. Still not sure how. He should not have been able to. I have hatchlings on the way so will soon be up from 3 to anywhere from 4 (heaven forbid) to 13 (that would be more like it lol). Also have a male on hold from a clutch pending in Springfield (pending means currently incubating lol). I would still be happy to take that little oddball if he or she hurts your eyes Josh, lol!

No, I still want to work with diffused I just have to put those plans on hold due to the loss of my diffused male. Not really downsizing, I had rehomed a 5 year old amel, because it was supposed to be female but was male and I had an amel male already, then kha my jungle escaped never to be seen. I then redesigned my enclosures trying for more security. Then I rehomed Brass to get some money to help with an emergency (she went to a friend who plans to breed next year if brass hits over 300g and will give me a baby free). Then somehow Red Rum, my diffused male escaped. Still not sure how. He should not have been able to. I have hatchlings on the way so will soon be up from 3 to anywhere from 4 (heaven forbid) to 13 (that would be more like it lol). Also have a male on hold from a clutch pending in Springfield (pending means currently incubating lol). I would still be happy to take that little oddball if he or she hurts your eyes Josh, lol!

Josh I will have pleanty of bloodreds for sale when you are ready

Josh I will have pleanty of bloodreds for sale when you are ready
I think you mean, me, not Josh. That was me you quoted. And I can not see having money to have a snake shipped to me until oh, April next year when I have my tax return again.

You could always get one of its siblings! They are funky...just not THAT funky.

I dunno, I'd need to see them post first shed.

Back