CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First hook-ups for me!!

Old 04-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #91
rich333
Yeah,
thanks for the words of encouragement! this is utterly agonizing!!! If it's this bad for me...i can't imagine how my 'lil girl feels! I figured she'd make me wait the full avg. time. and if it goes to 15days that would make it the day before easter. So maybe i'll have a different kind of egg to be hunting??

Old 04-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #92
Christen
I was hoping for Easter eggs but it doesn't look like that is happening. I have one girl getting really close be she still hasn't shed yet. She hasn't even gone into blue. I am starting to think that she likes being big and uncomfortable.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #93
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalchow View Post
I was hoping for Easter eggs but it doesn't look like that is happening. I have one girl getting really close be she still hasn't shed yet. She hasn't even gone into blue. I am starting to think that she likes being big and uncomfortable.
This is my first clutch ever...and it's killing me!! LOL...i've been on edge since she started showing signs of being gravid. Just want this part to be over..with all the post's about egg-bound girls..it's very scary...and i dont care for the feeling!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #94
Nanci
Just wait till you're waiting for the eggs to slit! That is MUCH worse than this!

Old 04-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #95
o7sugar
Rich, I just wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread and not even owning my first snake yet, and someday hopefully dabbling in some breeding myself...I am LOVING this. There was more than once when you said something that made me laugh! Your girl is gorgeous by the way !! With that, I hope the big surprise comes sooner rather than later for you! I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for updates--very exciting!!! Than with what Nanci said above---^ I was thinking, crap!!! She's right!!! :P

Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #96
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by o7sugar View Post
Rich, I just wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread and not even owning my first snake yet, and someday hopefully dabbling in some breeding myself...I am LOVING this. There was more than once when you said something that made me laugh! Your girl is gorgeous by the way !! With that, I hope the big surprise comes sooner rather than later for you! I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for updates--very exciting!!! Than with what Nanci said above---^ I was thinking, crap!!! She's right!!! :P
07sugar,
if you liked prior post...perhaps you'll find this one interesting as well.....
Ok...we're on day 10. i've placed a towel loosely over the tub..to offer more security....So..i get home from work...and i'm checking in on her and there she was....tail lifted...lower half near the vent area was spasming....i thought..wow i caught her in the act of laying...Cool..first time out..and i get to witness this...so i settle in...and quietly watch...after a few minutes...the cloaca opens...and out comes....Oh Poo!!! yep...Just a small squirt of poo! well, really wasn't wanting to see THAT!!! LOL then i remembered....checked my records....yep..she had taken a fuzzy(Much smaller than her normal meal) last weekend...dang!! hmm..well, I guess we're going to day 11.........

Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #97
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Just wait till you're waiting for the eggs to slit! That is MUCH worse than this!
Nanci,

You know i enjoy your posts!! really i do...but do you think you could give me something to look forward to ??? LOL Please!!! no seriously, i know it's a long wait..and i know i'm whining more than a grown man should....but hey...

(Just having fun)

Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #98
susang
UGH when I saw you had posted I thought yippie, but no. This is killing all of us waiting and watching this thread. Maybe give her a good talking to.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #99
rich333
LOL,
sorry...really...I've even had thoughts of grabbing her behind the head squeezing with my other hand...and run it down the length of her body..thereby forcing the eggs out, just to see the dang things!!! UGH!!! Of course, i'd never actually do that...so all you PETA people So..yeah...we're off to see day 11 it looks like...god please...dont be egg bound....as a rookie...that would be to hard to take.

Just a side note:

I have felt as many as 6 "Bumps" thus far...

Old 04-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #100
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
UGH when I saw you had posted I thought yippie, but no. This is killing all of us waiting and watching this thread. Maybe give her a good talking to.
Me too! I hope she spits those things out very soon for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
first time breeding