• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First hook-ups for me!!

Just An Update.....She Started her shed Cycle 3/26/11. Right Now, Her eyes are beginning to "Milk" over. So....Soon it will be "Show Time"

Yes Ma'am...i believe I do. lets see...Incubator is running at a steady 82.5 degrees...I have 2 bags of Orchid Moss...I have a 2lb bag of hatch-rite. i have deli-cups out the...well you know....with lids...i have 15 6qt shoe boxes. And 3 empty shelves measuring 17inches deep by 37inches wide. with heat tape. 3 helix dbs-1000 thermo. pro exotics laser temp Gun. a standard mercury thermo.(for the egg box) 2 temp/hygro digital Guages.....miss Anything?? OH YEAH...And 100 + pinkies in the freezer. :)

Do you have boiling water? I don't know what it's for but they always have boiling water in the movies when a woman goes into labor. Actually, it sounds like you are well prepared. Good luck! None of mine even look gravid yet.

Thanks! I sure hope i am. Even with all the stuff, i feel I'm still not COMPLETELY prepared for this...Kinda like becoming a "Dad" ya know. You Know you've done everything that is humanly possible to prepare for the event...but then life intervenes and there is ALWAYS something that happens that you wern't prepared for. Stay Away Murphy...Just Stay Away!!

Do you have boiling water? I don't know what it's for but they always have boiling water in the movies when a woman goes into labor. Actually, it sounds like you are well prepared. Good luck! None of mine even look gravid yet.

Haha! What is with those bowls of boiling water?

question:

Ok, she is safely tucked away in her egg laying chamber (1 gallon size sherbert tub...Yum!). about 3-4 inches of Orchid moss...dampened..not wet...She has dug to the bottom...if she lays the eggs on the BOTTOM of the tub...will the eggs stick to the plastic tub??? i'm prepaired to cut them out with plastic still attached to the egg mass...if this happens....

question:

Ok, she is safely tucked away in her egg laying chamber (1 gallon size sherbert tub...Yum!). about 3-4 inches of Orchid moss...dampened..not wet...She has dug to the bottom...if she lays the eggs on the BOTTOM of the tub...will the eggs stick to the plastic tub??? i'm prepaired to cut them out with plastic still attached to the egg mass...if this happens....

Nope, they will not stick :)

Just checked on her.....her eyes have cleared. Oh boy..here we go!! Feels like being at top of a big roller coaster ride..ready to go down that first drop.

Haha! What is with those bowls of boiling water?

It has been said that it was started to give panicking men something to do. That way their weren't in the room freaking out and asking "What can I do?" 100 times. I am not sure if that is true but it sounds good.

Well, if she hasn't shed yet, you still might have a week or two to go. I'd check her daily, though.

Well, if she hasn't shed yet, you still might have a week or two to go. I'd check her daily, though.

Nope,
hasn't shed yet. I'll Guesstimate she will shed on wednsday. She's Moved all the orchid moss to one side of the tub..creating a "Hole" almost to the bottom of the tub...in a more-or less head down position..the tail portion being more on topside of the tub/moss. Trying to get comfy I presume. Her belly area..from the vent up (toward head)to about 4-5 inches(possibly more) reminds one of an old cobblestone road when viewed from the side. Rather Lumpy shall we say.

It has been said that it was started to give panicking men something to do. That way their weren't in the room freaking out and asking "What can I do?" 100 times. I am not sure if that is true but it sounds good.

I don't know if that is true, but I'm so gonna do that next time someone around me is freaking out!

Just another Update.....Everything is "Clear" No milky appearence anywhere. From wht i can see(I'm not lifting her at this point!!) the first visible "Lump" is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches up from the vent. Also, i believe i'm developing an ulcer! :) no..seriously...had a perforated ulcer when i was 25yrs old, came within an hour(according to the doc.) of kicking it. I think i'll pick up some pepcid AC on the way home tomorrow! :)

So...Anyway...She's my only gravid girl this year. but next year...these are my options....Care to help make a good pairing for me?? i know most of them will produce Normals with hets. But the f2's shoul be Real Nice. anyway here they are:

Male:
Phantom het amel
Amel (unknown Hets)
Lava Het caramel

Female:
Lava het caramel
Butter Het Hypo
Ultramel Charcoal

this is assuming I dont purchase like 10 more snakes before then. :)

already did that! thats what I'm waiting on currently...She..the ultramel charcoal...is in the last days of her pre-lay shed...then come the eggs!!! :) expecting Charcoals,Ultramel charcoals, and Blizzards.

Last edited:
Back