CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First hook-ups for me!!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #41
rich333
Nanci,

Actually...from what i've seen in this short span of time.....I'd say "who ever said what" is probably right....I mean...I put them together..and he's all over it...within 2 minutes or so of the caressing & positioning...she's lifting her tail and it's "Game on".

Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #42
jsschrei
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Rene View Post
I love the .66 cents you gave them in the last pic for their efforts LOL
Hahahahahaha! That's hilarious!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #43
rich333
Hehehe

Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #44
rich333
Ok...waited 3 day since the last time they were together....

Put them together....and 15 minutes pass....She's not running.....seems content..but not interested in mating.....I think we are done with this couple.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #45
Snakehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
This is the reason I would never leave breeding pairs unattended.
I guess freak accidents can happen Nanci. Remember that little snake I had that got his tongue stuck in an air hole of a deli cup? I have to wonder how often this could happen. Like I said I used to keep all types of rat snake together year round and never had a single incident. Well I did have one but I was feeding them together. I learned from that mistake. I just can't picture a Corn snake killing another Corn?

Old 03-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #46
rich333
Wow.....

You know..i remember that...how awful that was....the poor fella...whatever happened to him?? did he survive the ordeal? my main concern when i seen the pics was...can he still eat???

Old 03-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #47
Snakehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich333 View Post
Wow.....

You know..i remember that...how awful that was....the poor fella...whatever happened to him?? did he survive the ordeal? my main concern when i seen the pics was...can he still eat???
No, he didn't make it. I tried, but I kinda knew he was done for, he was a problem feeder even befor the tongue incident.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #48
carnivorouszoo
I think how long it takes for them to hook up can vary. Last year was an accident, daughter put my male in the wrong tub after handling him for me, more my fault than hers, but that hook up happened quick, was only one hookup and got 11 eggs from it. This year's two matings are totally planned, the first took 20 inutes to hook up but there was no real fuss they just weren't in a hurry. That pair's second time together took almost 30 minutes, again no one trying to get away they just took their time. My second pair the female was running like mad, I decided I would see if she calmed down after 20 minutes, if not I would seperate. Just as I got up to seperate she stopped and he hooked up. Oddly they stayed hooked up for over an hour! Second time she got in a corner and hid her tail so after 5 mins I said ok you are done no more . Now its a game of wait and see

Good luck to everyone that breeds this year! The year of the rabbit is a year of good fortune I am told

Old 03-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #49
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
No, he didn't make it. I tried, but I kinda knew he was done for, he was a problem feeder even befor the tongue incident.
Wow,

sorry for the loss...and sorry this is coming so "past Due". I seen your pics and read the story...then didnt see/hear much else about it.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #50
rich333
3rd time is a Charm!

Ok,
Just in case everyone is getting bored with this pairing...i have a suprise for you!!!..... there are even MORE pics taken this morning....LOL...enjoy:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
first time breeding