CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

3 Tub Display Rack

Old 04-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
knox
3 Tub Display Rack

It is almost complete. Three 110 qt Sterilite tubs.

I still need to touch up the paint and sand some relief for the flexwatt because the tolerance is tight (on purpose, of course).

I chose to use lids because it gives the flimsy sides stability and I can keep any baby snake in without fear of escape. And taking the tubs out is no big deal when there are only 3.

I am looking forward to being able to see more of my snakes...

Old 04-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
SnakeKiss247
Looking good so far.... I imagine I will end up needing one of those racks if I end up getting another snake or two....lol. We can't get flexwatt here in Canada though... I have seen some sort of wire at the pet store- I believe it is called heating cable... My only issue is heating the darn thing... Right now I have our baby corn in a 10 gal aquarium and Ari in a 20 gal aquarium, which belongs to Buddy our smaller snake... I just built this for Ari, but I want to get a Ball Python and hopefully way down the road a Tessera Corn as I just think they are the bomb!

Here is Ari's new Viv:

Old 04-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
knox
Very Nice!

Old 04-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
SnakeKiss247
There's more pics in my Albums if you wish to take a look.... I haven't taken one from afar yet as I haven't had a chance, but you can get the drift.... I used two picture frames for the doors. It's called recycling. The most expensive part to the viv was the under tank heating pad.I had the paint etc. All I had to buy was the plywood, pegboard, 9 pieces of stick-on floor tile, one ceramic floor tile for the heating pad, and caulking. It cost me about $30.00 to build the whole thing. Everything I had here at the house. Not bad for a woman to build all by herself..... It may not be perfect, but don't tell Ari that... lol. The viv I wanted at the store was $250 minus my discount and smaller. I think I saved myself a ton of money. Eventually, I may need to build a rack... Yes, you all are right.... snakes are addictive.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
knox
No not bad at all you did a great job!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
punkflash54
your rack looks great!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
knox
All done. Testing temps with my Flexwatt and Herpstat. Should be able to move snakes in this evening.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
knox
Temps are good for 2 hours, so I moved my snakes. My young Corn is already taking advantage of the height and is nestled up on the small ledge right under the lid.

Much happier with this than my short tubs.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
OkeeteeMom
What a nice, economical way to use tubs...but with a better visual vantage. Well done!

Old 04-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #10
MysticExotics
Nice job! Very impressive!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
display rack tubs, diy