CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First ever breeding attempt!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
SteelJawEmily
First ever breeding attempt!

Well my boy D is finally old enough and the time is right for some early spring action! I'm excited and have been waiting for this for a long time!

Thanks to Heather (NWHeather) for loaning me the gorgeous miss Saraphine to pair with him!

Here's hoping Donatello gets the deed done!
Any tips would be greatly appreciated by the way lol

Saraphine

Donatello isn't quite sure what to make of her yet...

Old 02-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #2
RobbiesCornField
Oooh don't worry. I'm sure he'll know what to do with it once he gets started.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
SteelJawEmily
I certainly hope so! He was chasing her at first, then went and hid......then she started chasing him and "showing off" if you will.....and now he's back to chasing her....lol

I'm not going to get much sleep tonight.....

Old 02-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
ihkura
Oooh, best of luck!!

Old 02-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
Nanci
Good luck!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #6
SteelJawEmily
Thanks for all the good luck wishes! It looks like he figured out what to do.....he just likes to be sneaky about it. lol I've also found him another female which I will be getting in the next couple of weeks, just to make sure I get some babies from someone this year. lol I've been bitten by the breeding bug I guess you could say.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 AM   #7
SteelJawEmily
So here she is, sorry it's not the best picture, I'm sure I'll get more when I get her....she's an Anery that's only been bred once, but she produced 75% anerys and 25% normal, so we'll see!

Now I need names!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Wyldrose
She's pretty! I'd name her April, thats the reporter from Ninja turtles lol
Her and Donatello will make some pretty aneries for you

Old 02-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
Buzzard
I am excited for you, but please make sure you have an outlet for them. Keeping them or selling them or even giving them to friends. It took a long time to sell my first clutch ever. So be ready with extra supplies...

Also make sure to give photo credit to Davidson Reptiles just to cover yourself.. I am sure you did but just to be safe...

Fingers are crossed for a very successful clutch

Old 02-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
Lyion
Yes, I would love breeding snakes- my issue is that I would only want a few eggs in the clutch. Anyone know of a snake that sells well but doesn't produce many eggs?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google