CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

2012 breeding thread

Old 05-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #41
goldelx6
How are those dehydrated eggs coming along? new pics to share?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #42
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldelx6 View Post
How are those dehydrated eggs coming along? new pics to share?
The middle of the clump, 3 eggs nice and plump with veins. Totally amazing! But, the last time I rehydrated a clump, I got deformed hatchlings from it, so I'm cautiously hopeful. One live, viable hatchling from there would be wonderful....

Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #43
goldelx6
they were only a day or two old right? was it the same scenario as before? very cool, so happy there is at least some hope there! can only imagine what they go through in a natural setting... would be kinda cool to see a time lapse video of... best of luck!

Old 05-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #44
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldelx6 View Post
they were only a day or two old right? was it the same scenario as before? very cool, so happy there is at least some hope there! can only imagine what they go through in a natural setting... would be kinda cool to see a time lapse video of... best of luck!
Thanks. I love when you finally see eggs slashed and bubbles blowing and wonder how a hatchling could possibly have fit inside the egg. At least 25 days before that stage for me yet though!

Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #45
diamondlil
Still no eggs from Lil! She's massive, triangle shaped, swirling in her laybox......... and driving me crazy!

Old 06-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #46
PURPLEGOTH666
I have three of those Triangular shaped Swirlers here driving me nuts to,had the first head out of egg today as well so things are progressing sloooooowly !!! Hope all is good for you J9 and they lay soon.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #47
diamondlil
Lil is laying! 15 good eggs and more coming.............

Old 06-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #48
diamondlil
20 lovely big eggs from Lil. I thought she'd lay a bigger clutch, but these are such a good size I'm surprised she could fit them all in! No slugs, no eggs retained, phew! In 60 or so days I'll need sedating to stay calm..........
Only Dixie left to lay and she doesn't look at all gravid yet. Hopefully Dolly and Johnny have mated for a second clutch, none of the females lost enough weight to be worrying and they've all started eating. Lil will get her postlay mousie tonight

Old 06-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #49
diamondlil
Faith's 3 remaining eggs are starting to dimple.......she doesn't look gravid but I've put a laybox in her viv in case of a double clutch.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #50
diamondlil
Faith has shed and is in her laybox, fingers crossed. Day 60 for her 3 eggs, nothing happenig yet....Silk never laid at all, she must have just had big follicles and reabsorbed them? The dehydrated clutch are all shades of nasty, I don't expect 'em to hatch. As they don't smell yet I won't throw them away yet though

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google