CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Freaking out! My first snake laid an egg- she was a virgin as far as I know!

Old 07-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #31
beautifullywild77
So how old is she? and she started laying eggs 2 days ago?

Leaving her alone for the rest of the night is probably going to be your best bet. The eggs you posted dont look fertile to me but I am still pretty new to eggs.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #32
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
I've had her a bit over a year. I bought her from a friend who had her shipped in when she was around two. I had put in the male with her about last November.
I'm confused.
She's about two years old now, or she was two a little more than a year ago?
Also, just to confirm, she was only with the one male that you put in her cage, & that was the 10 gram male, last November?
I'm asking all these questions because I'm trying to get a clear picture of the whole situation.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #33
Lyion
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
What did you just say who is 10 and what brother and where is brother, how long have you had the snake that laid eggs?
The snake who I accidentally put in her tank was 10 grams when I got him, but at that point would be around 70. The timeline is that slytheryn snakes bred her, my friend bought her and her brother. They were shipped together and he then separated the two. A month or two later I bought her from him when I was visiting and someone else bought the brother a month or two after that.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #34
susang
I'm really sorry but things don't add up, yes there can be retained sperm, but your weights on this girl go up and down. You had her with the male in November and now she lays eggs. You talk about her brother, where is he. Maybe you need to take a breath and tell us what happened.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #35
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
The snake who I accidentally put in her tank was 10 grams when I got him, but at that point would be around 70. The timeline is that slytheryn snakes bred her, my friend bought her and her brother. They were shipped together and he then separated the two. A month or two later I bought her from him when I was visiting and someone else bought the brother a month or two after that.
But that was a little over a year ago, that you got her, correct?

Old 07-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #36
Lyion
Yeah, basically.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #37
susang
So before you had her someone else bred her?

Old 07-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
susang
OK she was hatched by one breeder, another person got her and then you got her. You put her with a male in November, when most snakes are brumating she retained sperm and now laid eggs. GOT IT

Old 07-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #39
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
I'm confused.
She's about two years old now, or she was two a little more than a year ago?
Also, just to confirm, she was only with the one male that you put in her cage, & that was the 10 gram male, last November?
I'm asking all these questions because I'm trying to get a clear picture of the whole situation.
What about these questions...
how old is she now? at the beginning of the thread you said she was two years old, but then later said she was shipped when she was about two, but you've had her for a little more than a year.
Also, how long has it been since she's been with *any* males?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #40
Christen
OK I am really confused here. This snake is almost 3? Doesn't even weight 200 grams yet? Has not been with a male since November or longer? And is now laying eggs? I have had a snake that was a year old lay eggs. She will be fine just leave her be. The more you worry and stress her the worst it will be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google