CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

butter or any green morph

Old 06-25-2013, 02:31 AM   #21
cornbreadandmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Here's a color vision test. I scored perfect color vision. It's pretty interesting!
after looking at that test the easiest way for me to arrange them is too look at the colors all jumbled up the more you put them together the harder they are. but for instance if you number the colors it seems much simpler lol thats a lot of work though

Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #22
scalefrost
Mysterious Morph

Can anyone tell me which morph the picture I've attached is? I've spent hours trying to find something and have found a couple similar things but nothing as pink as this.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-25-2013, 02:57 AM   #23
Tara80
I think what that is, is a photo shopped Amel. :/
Just my opinion though haha.
If someone actually had something like that, they'd definitely have a lot of demand on their hands.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:09 AM   #24
dave partington
Quote:
Here's a color vision test. I scored perfect color vision. It's pretty interesting!
This was fun. Thanks for sharing.
Your score: 18
Age range: Antique
Best score for your gender and age range: 0
Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Im very colorblind by the way . I just asked my co-worker what color he was I was told he was orange and yellow. LOL. I was under the impression he was green (the orange) with an even lighter shade of green (the yellow)

Either way I'm still interested in one similar to the butter above or any green morphs (if any even exist)
Color is dependent on the wavelength of light reflected off of something. If the lighting is artificial (electric/ kerosene lantern/etc) then it is going to skew the name I apply to the color. Also, if I am in a room painted orange, and the light bulbs are throwing out a pink wavelength of light, then anything white in the room is going to look peach. Heck, even outside in light provided by our friend Mister Sun, the colors change throughout the year depending on the trajectory of the sunlight through the ozone, and cloud or fog cover. Then there's the humdinger that many cornsnake are not a flat matte color, but instead have several layers of skin, which may be transparent with a hue, translucent, and so forth. There are many colors which are not simply yellow, red, blue, magenta, fuchsia, violet, white. Rather they are blends of colors.

The scaleless corns come to mind as a reference point; consider how the colors of the scaleless corns look compared to a counterpart with scales- if I knew all the names of all the colors in the world- I could articulate this better. The color name 'chartreuse' for instance, a word I'd seen and understood, but never heard it pronounced outloud until I was a teenager... and then later heard-or-learned that what I was calling chartreuse was in fact something else because "it was too brown to be chartreuse" (in context had to do with flowers on a species of Euphorbia).

Who's to say that maybe some of the color names I "learned" at an early age were not the correct name for a specific hue. ViewSonic computer monitors recognize 16.7 million colors. Sorry, the names of each of those individual colors is not in my vocabulary. Yet, somehow, I continue to navigate life's road not knowing all the color names.

Then there's that hum-zinger of cornsnakes going through color changes with age. "What color names is your 2 month old Terrazzo?" (I'll ask you again after the next shed LOL). I guess part of the problem is that many of our pets are more then merely 200 hues of different colors.

And pile on that I can place the subject in some kind of lighting, and move 360 degrees around said subject. taking 36 photos, and some of the photos, if I'm lucky, will be close to true color capture, but many will be discarded.

Imagine if we lived on a planet where the star at the center of our solar system was a different wavelength of color...

Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 AM   #25
scalefrost
Hey Tara80 thanks for your input, but I've seen the snake in person and it looks just as it does in the photo. I'm buying him tomorrow, wasn't planning on adding any more snakes to my collection but I've never seen anything like him.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 AM   #26
dave partington
Color Test:
What is the name of the color of the snake in Scalefrost's post #22?
(not a morph name, the color name).

Old 06-25-2013, 05:33 AM   #27
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalefrost View Post
Hey Tara80 thanks for your input, but I've seen the snake in person and it looks just as it does in the photo. I'm buying him tomorrow, wasn't planning on adding any more snakes to my collection but I've never seen anything like him.
That's cool. Then you can post pics of him in your own thread. It's easy- just go to the proper section, and you will see a blue button in the top left corner that says New Thread. You really shouldn't post your own thing, totally off the subject, in someone else's thread. Would you like me to move it for you?

Old 06-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #28
diamondlil
Quote:
I got 31.
On topic, what a pretty butter.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #29
Shady
well I just took the test and I scored... wait for it...

104 O_O
Attached are my test before I submitted and my results..
The third row was really hard for me. after 6 squares from the left, the rest look almost identicle to me.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #30
Shady
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
Color Test:
What is the name of the color of the snake in Scalefrost's post #22?
(not a morph name, the color name).
I see pink, hot pink, red, and white.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google