CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Is this an egg?

Old 05-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
heybarb
Is this an egg?

My son's corn snake is approx. 2 years old. After a very difficult shed on Monday, we found an egg-like blob in the tank yesterday afternoon. (See picture). Is this an egg? If not, any idea what it is?

Old 05-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
daddio207
NO...

It's fecal/urite (poop) matter

Old 05-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #3
Reptile Lover 23
Thats weird... When my corn poops theres never a yellow (yolk looking thing) in her poop

Old 05-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
heybarb
Really? I've never seen poop like that before!!

Old 05-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #5
daddio207
I've seen "that" 100's of times over the years.
The problem with snakes is everything comes out of the cloaca. Eggs, fecal and urites exit the same orifice.
The matter next to the yellow blob is fecal matter.
Now I've never cared to examine the yellow jelly/eggy looking stuff but I guess it could be an undeveloped slug ???? Never payed enough attention to whether I only seen it with females either. When I have seen it it was always accompanied with fecal matter and urites. Hmmm ? ? ?

Old 05-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
heybarb
So that means Tucker could still be a boy, right? My son was so sad to think that "he" was now a "she"!

Old 05-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #7
heybarb
Since Wednesday, there have been 3 more "eggs." While thinking that Tucker was hungry this evening, we offered a mouse, which he ignored. After 30 minutes, we put him back in his cage and found another one in feeding cage, so that makes 5 "egg-like" things in 3 days...attached are a few pictures...is this really poop???

Old 05-07-2017, 06:27 AM   #8
Reptile Lover 23
That is not poop those are eggs my freind although i think they might be (Slugs) (Dud eggs)

It turns out HE is actully a SHE .....

Old 05-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #9
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Lover 23 View Post
That is not poop those are eggs my freind although i think they might be (Slugs) (Dud eggs)

It turns out HE is actually a SHE .....
With the more "evidence" Absolutely!!!

Old 05-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #10
DLena
...the snake won't mind if your son still calls her HIM

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google