CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

How to Make a Simple Reptile Incubator

Old 03-29-2008, 11:25 PM   #11
Marshall_P
Thumbs up Great Job!..

Wow, that looks awesome, let us know how it's working for ya!.. I'll be makin' mine in a few weeks when my female lays...

Old 03-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #12
ILoveGreen
Thanks!
Works super great! All I have to do is add water to the bottom every few days and check on the eggs The temp says within 1 degree.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #13
zeewhiz
i used this setup last year with STELLAR results.... 100% hatch!

Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #14
Eli173
I've used almost the exact same set up to hatch a couple clutches of bearded dragons and some leopard geckos, awsome hatch rate! It may not be pretty but it works.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #15
ILoveGreen
Last year I used a syrofoam cooler....and had to keep checking it all the time...and had one egg not hatch

This incub. is working awsome. The temp and humidity are always the same.

It's great!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #16
Marshall_P
Thumbs up Whoo-hoo! Finally , Eggs!...

Well, finally after a few weeks of waiting she finally laid, the first pic is my rendition of this incubator, & also the Eggs! Enjoy..

Old 04-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #17
strawberry_bunny
I am currently using a polystyrene box, a heat mat and a pulse perjwhagdceadsjfhsomethingandanother theromostat with a digital thermomiter, was used by the lady that bred my sisters corn and two of my beardies

Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #18
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall_P View Post
Reptile incubators tend to be expensive, and aren't economical if you have more than one clutch to incubate.
How exactly are reptile incubators not economical when you have more then one clutch to incubate? I can fit at least 100 cornsnake clutches in my one incubator and it only takes up the space of one of my 15/32qt racks.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #19
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14 View Post
You can also get a large cooler and a UTH with a rheostat and do the same thing without the mess of water.
That's what I moved to last year, and it worked great last year. I still had some mold/fungus, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as when I used the wetter method previous years.

I think the cooler (100 Qt.??) was on sale for $69.99 last year (reg. $99?). Simple strip of 4" flexwatt (I had a UTH on the bottom last year) keeps the temps within a degree from top to bottom . . . there's a computer fan to circulate the air that you can't see in the pic.

D80

Here's a recent pic:

Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #20
Susielea
Well, seeing as Brent posted his, I thought I'd share pics of one of mine

The second pic shows where I cut out little windows in the front, which I then cover on the inside with a piece of clear plastic. I place the thermometer/hygrometer in the incubator, then I can shine a torch through the window to view the reading on the thermometer, without having to open the lid The thermometer and thermostat probes go in one of the incubation boxes as close to the middle as possible. This has worked for three years and still going strong

I can fit 3 to 6 clutches in there, depending on size of clutch and size of container, and I have two set up at the moment, as we also have Leopard gecko eggs incubating

Total cost approx £45

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google