CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Oh nooo....

Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArpeggioAngel View Post
I will be thinking of you and Lacey and hoping for all the rest to be big beautiful healthy eggs!
Thanks so much Katie... shes moved out her laybox and back into her warm hide, shes driving me crazy!

Old 03-31-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
ghosthousecorns
That has happened to me before too, and the slug came a good week and a half before the rest of the eggs...
LOL gotta love new expectant corn moms! Don't worry Elle, she will be just fine!!

Old 03-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #13
Tula_Montage
I was feeling sick and upset all day because I wasn't able to be there and watch over her. I'm so glad others have given me some relief. Thanks guys!

Old 03-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
rolandslf
Think positive thoughts Lassie, positive thoughts, I am sure you have only good things to follow, I am holding thumbs and toes for you.

Ciao

Old 03-31-2008, 03:37 PM   #15
patm1313
I can't give any advice, but I wish you luck (and her luck, I guess).

Old 03-31-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
Dave123
Fingers crossed for you and Lacey! Keep us updated, but I already know you will!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:23 PM   #17
Tula_Montage
4.21am... I woke up to find another slug OUTSIDE her laybox, just laying on the ground and one more slug in her laybox that looked less sluggish than the one outside so it's went into the incubator anyway. I'm starting to feel a bit crap about all this now

Does anyone know if a bigger laybox is preferd to a smaller one for corns? Shes quite a large lass but she fits snuggly into her current laybox. Why would she lay a slug outside of it if she was happy in it?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #18
ghosthousecorns
I really think she will settle down once the main clutch is getting laid. I tend to use the same 6 - 8 quart shoeboxes that I later keep the hatchlings in, it's enough room for the snake and a whole lot of moss. I think you will be fine (and a bit amused you are so worried that you get up at 4 AM to check your snake but I was there a few years ago too) Just take the water bowl away if you are worried about her laying in there and try to let her do her thing. I don't think those eggs are in any danger of drying out no matter where she ends up having them! I am looking forward to clutch pics soon

Old 04-01-2008, 03:16 AM   #19
Tula_Montage
I just can't keep calm... I woke my partner up at 5am to ask him about this. He confirmed that he had experienced this before and it was all fine. It's just after 8am now and shes not in her laybox anymoreeee.... ahhhhh

Old 04-01-2008, 03:48 AM   #20
Velvet
Oh Shame Tula! She really is worrying you isn't she? I wouldn't worry too much though.

My big girl kept me in total suspense before laying her eggs! She wouldn't budge from her nest box from the second I put it in there and then when it came to laying time, she went OUT of the nest box and laid the first one on the newspaper outside! She then went back into her nest box and laid all the others in there.

Its quite normal for them to move around when they are getting ready to lay. Anyway, my mommy laid all her eggs and was just fine!

Now the eggs are keeping me in suspense! They are 68days old today and overdue! lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google