CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Pip-pip-hurrah!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #161
Nanci
Congratulations! Someone else in the last day got a baby to eat with just a head. Can't remember who. Lisa and the greyband baby?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #162
diamondlil
Now, thanks to a helpful momma mouse, the 5 late starters from Pearl are tucking into their first feeds. I'm just thawing out heads for the little 'uns again, because the live pinks are too big for them.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #163
diamondlil
I've euthanised the problem feeders. Repeated refusals and loss of weight in 5 of the babies meant I decided to give up. 3 of them took a pink head one time, then nothing. Live pinks, washed pinks, chicken scented, all refused. As these included my possible keepers, the 2 hypos and my only anery het blood, I had a hard time coming to a decision, thinking 'just one more try' every week.
On a brighter note, I've got 11 fat thriving hatchlings still waiting to go to the petshop.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #164
Tula_Montage
Sad news J9. I wish you had gave them to meee LOL!

Old 11-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #165
diamondlil
I wish I could have worked magic on them myself, or indeed sent them to you. It was getting to the stage where they were definately weaker and were losing weight, so I had to pony up. Skeeter will have them thawed later in the week, at least that will make me feel better than throwing them away.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #166
wade
I have half a dozen that are going the same route J9. It works that way sometimes.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #167
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I have half a dozen that are going the same route J9. It works that way sometimes.
Yep, thanks Wade. It's just the reality of breeding any animal, some aren't going to make it, and chances are it'll be the prettiest or unusual ones that don't feed!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #168
bekers71
Sorry to hear some didn't make it, especially the keepers. If you lived near me I'd let you have one of my anery bloodred babies next year.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #169
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
Sorry to hear some didn't make it, especially the keepers. If you lived near me I'd let you have one of my anery bloodred babies next year.
Thanks Bekers, that's a kind offer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google