• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pip-pip-hurrah!

I'm pretty amazed at how fast the hole closed on that amel.
I'm also fascinated by the egg pics, are they really scratches on the inside of the egg? So if you keep the light on them you might be able to see them trying to get out?
Also, congrats!!
I'm not sure if they were scratches, but that's what they looked like, discrete marks rather than random 'windows' of thinner shell development. I had to go to sleep (I'm on nightshifts), but had to force myself to put the torch down and step away from the eggs!

whoohoo...so glad that one with the hernia is healed up and doing great. Congrats on lots of good feeders. Good luck with the rest of them.

Look what I found this morning! The first pippie from Annie's clutch. Another egg has dark slash lines appearing too! I need to sleep because I'm working again tonight, but I'll have to peep at them again.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 5a.JPG
    5a.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 9a.JPG
    9a.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 140
Oh this is just too exciting! This evening I could see more of Annie's first pipper, and today there is a 6g hatchling and a half-way pippie!

Attachments

• 10a.JPG
    10a.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 14a.JPG
    14a.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 127
I am! Incubating at the lower temperature has meant a longer wait, but much better results than last year. So far all the hatchlings have been @ 7gs, but Pearl's eggs are at least 1/3 bigger, so I can't wait to see how big her babies will be

Thanks Sue! I've had a chance to set up all the new tubs in readiness, in a new DIY hatchling rack. I need to work out how to stop the little darlings tipping their water bowls over though

Ha ha, I've had two seasons of tipped water bowls, now I use glass tealight candle holders from IKEA, you can get a pack of 12 for I think £1.49 and not a single tipped bowl this year :D
But then some of the darned little blighters still manage to tuck the corner of their paper towel in the bowl, which wicks up the water and soaks the tub anyway, babies are so much fun ;)

I did try sticking the lighter plastic ones (bottle caps...lol) down last year with some blue tack and that was reasonably successful, maybe you could try that?

Here's the hatchling housing. It was £5 in a charity shop! I just had to overcome my fear of chisels to cut holes to thread the heat cable through

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 150
Ha ha, I've had two seasons of tipped water bowls, now I use glass tealight candle holders from IKEA, you can get a pack of 12 for I think £1.49 and not a single tipped bowl this year :D
But then some of the darned little blighters still manage to tuck the corner of their paper towel in the bowl, which wicks up the water and soaks the tub anyway, babies are so much fun ;)

I did try sticking the lighter plastic ones (bottle caps...lol) down last year with some blue tack and that was reasonably successful, maybe you could try that?
Thanks for the tips! I made the water bowls by trimming the bottoms off of plastic cups, so I'll go on the hunt for tealight holders tomorrow!

That's a great looking rack! Even better at that price too!

Another thing I've seen people do with plastic cups, is cut them tall enough, so they actually touch the lid of the tub and then cut a couple of semi circles from the top edge, which allows the snake to get at the water, but stops the cup from tipping as it's held upright by the lid. :)

No time for a trip to Ikea, so I made deeper cups with a 'u' shape for access, no tipping! Thanks Sue.
Now I'm getting wildly impatient over waiting for Annie's pippies, because I've spotted an amel and what looks like a hypo nose!

Attachments

• 43a.JPG
    43a.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 135
  • 47a.JPG
    47a.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 134
:dancer::dancer::dancer:I love this snake! it's popping as female, but I'll check and recheck, I think I've got a keeper!
5 grams of (in my eyes) perfect little corn!
Annie is a ghost motley, she's het amel because there's an amel pipping, but I don't know how this little one has happened, unless one of her suitors was het hypo

Attachments

• 50a.JPG
    50a.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 125
  • 57a.JPG
    57a.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 67a.JPG
    67a.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 71a.JPG
    71a.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 125
So far from Annie's clutch, 2 normals, an amel and the hypo, with another egg slitting and a normal nose poking out. My youngest oy will set up the hatchlings that appear while I'm away.
I've set Sundance's 10 with their thawed pinks this morning, I'm hoping they'll fill their tummies quickly because I'm off on my hols this evening!

I'm just back from a week away on holiday, with some mixed news. Three of Annie's remaining 7 eggs had just started slitting as I left last Sunday, but none hatched at all. All were dead in the egg, including a couple of conjoined twins (amel and normal) a couple more hypos and what would have been ghost het motley/blood. 4/6 of her hatchlings have shed, 1 has eaten its first meal.
None of Pearl's had slit, so I candled them. I couldn't see any movement so I slit one, expelled the contents and I've got a premie. I don't know if it will survive, I've set it in a damp container. I didn't expect Pearl's eggs to be viable after such a long incubation, so fingers crossed for the premie and the rest of Pearl's clutch.
One of Sundance's amel hatchlings looks kinked, all have eaten today. I assist fed the kinked one, but if it doesn't straighten out I'll euthanise it.

Attachments

• 57a.JPG
    57a.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 58a.JPG
    58a.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 83
Back