CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Female amel stripe/het; feeding, healthy, and HANDLED!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #41
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenhollowherp View Post
I replied to your PM, and I do not take medication. God knows what they put in that stuff. I'd rather be crabby than internally mutated.
According to your logic, when you critiqued the 16 year old girl seeking a snake for her friend with cancer and upset her, we should not believe you because you haven't "proven" this.
If you do in fact have bi-polar disorder, I would hope that you seek help. As stated it is no joke. Just the same it does not excuse your behavior in the least.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #42
jenneses
Quote:
I replied to your PM, and I do not take medication. God knows what they put in that stuff. I'd rather be crabby than internally mutated.
Mere crabbiness is not a symptom of bi-polar disorder; extreme depression, suicidal thoughts, extreme irritablity and mood swings, manic episodes, plus many more, of which crabbiness is not mentioned.

You should have just admitted that you are a rude and immature individual rather than hide behind a very serious mental disorder. Being socially and morally mutated is more acceptable to you?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #43
hiddenhollowherp
I am done talking about this.
Please leave my thread, or talk about snakes. One or the other. If you want to fight with me, fight about something else, please.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #44
alan
When I got my snake she had not been handled on a regular basis for over a year. The PO said that since his son left he had just been tossing a mouse in every week and keeping the tank clean. When his son had her she was handled almost daily. The man said she was "scared of him" and struck so he didn't handle her, just when necessary. She has always been a calm snake that can be handled at any time by any of us.
I think it also depends on the snake and you together, I'm not sure you can know that ahead of time. Certainly you won't be like that man, you know snakes better than that, but you can still get a snake that doesn't calm down.
A calm snake is a calm snake whether it lives in a tub or a tank. If I was to guess on "snake think" I would say that they probably feel even more secure in a tub than a glass sided tank. Wouldn't that make for a more content snake overall?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #45
hiddenhollowherp
Alan, I don't have a problem with tubs/bins. I tried to explain that in one of my posts, but I don't think anyone saw it. I'd just prefer a snake who is not known to bite, or atleast predictable. Wouldn't anyone prefer that?

I don't know. I doubt I'll be getting much help here anyhow, so I might as well just enjoy the snakes I have. Frosty didn't bite me today when I picked him up, but he is a little graspy. I think the sounds from the computer are scaring him. I'm going to go finish up my paperwork or something.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #46
ghosthousecorns
If you truly do have a bipolar disorder and are not just yanking our collective chain you do have a smidge of sympathy from me. You know, that may explain why your introductory thread seems like it was written by a different person. I can understand your aversion to antidepressants, some people are very sensitive to medication so that the side effects of taking them are worse than the benefits.
This forum, like so many other things in life, is one of those things where you "get more flies with honey than with vinegar".

Old 12-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #47
alan
Sorry, I started to read the whole thread and then skipped it to help answer the question.
I think all that anyone can tell you about a snake is that it doesn't bite them, or has no history of being that way. I'm also quite sure if you force them to be handled they will probably learn in time that it isn't a danger to them...probably.
How old is your Frosty?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #48
midnightgallop
sorry, I must have typed that before I saw your response. Just ignore it I guess.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #49
a_god_s
ya need help

Quote:
Btw, I am bipolar, and I am a small man.
You made this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneses View Post
You should have just admitted that you are a rude and immature individual rather than hide behind a very serious mental disorder.
If your previous statement was a lie then yes you should apologize. If not you should be taking your meds and getting help. Mental illness is NOT a joke!

Quote:
Please leave my thread, or talk about snakes. One or the other. If you want to fight with me, fight about something else, please.
Now that you've been called out on the carpet for your bad behavior, you want to drop it. Naw. I don't want to fight, I just want you to OWN up to your posts. Many people have been offended by your words.
Now you use "Please. It seems your mother did teach you a few manners.

Quote:
Lol. Diagnosed bipolar, aspergers, and some sort of plexy something or other. Rofl.
I think it's very funny that people who are different from the norm are labeled as sick. It's ridiculous.
I DON'T think it's funny. It's not ridiculous. The only one throwing labels around is YOU!
Health issues are important whether they are mental or physical. If a person was diabetic they would take insulin, no problems, same as a person with mental health issues.

I like being different than the norm. I am happy that way but I would apologize for my behavior if it was deemed offensive (as yours has).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
This forum, like so many other things in life, is one of those things where you "get more flies with honey than with vinegar".
Amen Jen!

Old 12-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #50
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
It's been stated before, and worthy of repeating now. "This is a PUBLIC forum."
If you start in on us, we're not just going to lay down and let you walk all over us with your claimed disorders. If you're not taking medication that has been recommended to you, you have no right to use ANY disorder as an excuse. It's your choice to remain a troll,
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenhollowherp
the hippie nobody likes
, and a general PITA to a group of generally very nice people who, if asked politely and without attitude, are more than willing to help an individual. If YOU have a problem with our community, YOU leave. We're not going to walk all over eggshells just so you can be comfortable. I've stated my opinions on this whole matter, and have been met with nothing but cynicism.

Oh, and this post really got to me, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenhollowherp
Lol. Diagnosed bipolar, aspergers, and some sort of plexy something or other. Rofl.

I think it's very funny that people who are different from the norm are labeled as sick. It's ridiculous, and I'm not going to fall into it.
Sorry, but mental diseases are NO laughing matter. If you want to laugh at yourself, TO yourself, that's fine. Don't bring it on here. There are people who are experiencing difficulties and have diseases such as these and are trying to cope with them the best they can. You laughing about it shows nothing than you're either too stupid or too immature to accept help. I don't know how many therapists you've been to/through, but they all have the best intentions. As far as not knowing what goes into the medications that are prescribed, do you know the EXACT diet of a mouse before you feed it off to your snake? Unless you're raising your own mice, I don't think so. Why should their nutrition be less important than yours? Why are you willing to feed something to them that you don't know the exact contents of when you won't put anything into your body when you don't know what it is?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
amelanistic, cornsnake