CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

About that time to crank on the old incubator agian!!

Old 04-04-2018, 09:43 PM   #1
BLKfly
About that time to crank on the old incubator agian!!

I can't wait to see what kind of babies are going to pop out this year, here's a list of all our snakes that have already bred. Some didn't go quite as planned, but I'm sure we'll be happy none the less.

Molly (Miami motley "het" peppermint) x Majai (Miami tessera "het" cinder, motley. "Phet" amel)

Tinsel (peppermint "het" stripe) x Majai (Miami tessera "het" cinder, motley. "Phet" amel)

Lilly (ultramel anery tessera "het" strawberry) x Sunny (salmon snow sunspot)

Rohanna (caramel stripe tessera "het" amel, diffused) x Artanis (fire motley "het" caramel)

Lykai (champagne anery stripe) x Sunny (salmon snow sunspot)

Mira (dilute anery tessera stripe) x Simon ('suspected' plasma "het" hypo, caramel, charcoal, anery)

Zombi (shatter "Phet" caramel, amel, motley) x Rocket (caramel tessera "het" sunkissed "Phet" amel)

Mia (anery) x crimson (coral ghost)

We are still waiting on some slackers though lol, hopefully they will breed soon, some are first timers.
List of who's left to go...

Jade (tessera "het" peppermint) x Spock (candycane tessera "het" cinder)

Simone ('suspected' charcoal hypo "het" caramel, lavender, diffused, anery) x Simon ('suspected' plasma "het" caramel, charcoal, hypo, anery)

Widdow (sunkissed okeetee "het" ultra/amel) x inferno (reverse okeetee "het" sunkissed "Phet" anery)

Clair (caramel hurricane motley "het" amel) x Artanis (fire motley "het" caramel)

Definitely need to build more hatchling racks, gonna try to keep most of them, but we are running out of space, and I am running out of energy from picking up so much poop lol.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
BLKfly
Well Newton and his shitty law come to rear their ugly heads this year. 4/6 females became egg bound, 2 died, including one of my favorites Tinsel. At least 7 of her eggs survived, so I can at least keep one of her daughters. Still waiting on 5 more females to lay. Out of the 93 eggs laid so far, 32 of them were slugs. Some years just suck, but I'm sure it will all be worth it to see those adorable little heads poking out of their eggs next month.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
BLKfly
Clair didn't breed to Artanis either, maybe she'll be ready next year. At least I made some new hatchling racks lol

Old 06-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
Twolunger
Yikes!! 4 of 6 eggbound, it's hard to believe, and beyond disappointing. I haven't had any females eggbound in 2 years, but used the "aspiration" method to help the one that did become eggbound. Some people are too squeamish to use a syringe to remove the contents of the first stuck egg, assuming the others will pass after the first is expelled. If so, a trip to the vet is in order. Hope you have better luck with the females next season.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #5
BLKfly
Thank you, one of our friends(who we buy our mice off of) had 10 get egg bound so far. He breeds 70+ snakes so our ratio is way worse, but still. The 2 of ours that died had 5 and 6 eggs bound up. We gave them both gentamicin and repta-boost afterwards, they seemed to be getting better, but apparently they weren't. Never had a snake get bound like this, our venomous breeder up the street came down to help, because he had seen this with his snakes before. He told us the survival rate wasn't good, but we had hope and did our best. It was only our smaller females too that had this problem, they were just over 300g so idk if that played a factor or what.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #6
BLKfly
Finally got some babies pipping this year, and rohanna and Artanis gave us what we were shooting for. A sulphur motley/stripe tessera. Also zombi and rocket did pretty good for us too, a tessera female(het caramel shatter), and a caramel tessera male(het shatter). Can't wait for some more, hopefully we'll get a nice female for our holdback from last year ((Casper) amber whiteout - Het lavender) with this year's clutch from Simone.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #7
MysticExotics
Congrats on the babies, and congrats on getting your target morph! That's exciting!

I look forward to seeing the rest of them!

Old 08-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #8
BLKfly
Thanks mystic, Simone's clutch should be hatching any day here. We will make sure to leave the hand warmers at home this time.
Some more hold backs
Ultramel anery stripe tessera (het) strawberry.
Really lucked out here... Peppermint motley/stripe tessera.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #9
BLKfly
Didn't hatch these, but can't wait to breed them. Some very pretty jungle corns. Just got them a couple weeks ago.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google