CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Candycane stuff :)

Old 08-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #11
MysticExotics
Nanci, I see what you're saying about Candy Cane, but Aeetes doesn't have the yellow that was visible on Candy Cane, and I think that is in part due to two things. Becoming more refined in the second generation (from Big Moose) as well as the Cinder gene, not having yellow.

I plan on Pairing him with a Miami that I have, that is het for cinder. I think it will continue to refine the Candycane look.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:20 PM   #12
Nanci
Even as a baby, Candy Cane had yellow. As a neonate.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #13
MysticExotics
I truly believe that these babies you produced are going to maintain that Candycane coloring when they are full grown.

I think that the yellow or orange in the head/neck area is usually an indicator that there will be more when they are bigger (not always of course).

I'm curious to know how some of the babies that Walter produced last year in his Miami Tessera X Candycane (like the first Amel on this page on post #72) have turned out. I see the color on the head/neck area, and to me, that one will likely develop more color and be less of a Candycane, like your male, Candy Cane (who still has a Candycane look to the lower half of his body). *Just using Walter's thread as an example.

I see a bit of color on the head /neck of some of the Amel Tessera's as well. Some are pretty white, some have some coloring in there.

I'd love to see how they look now, to see if that color spread.
I imagine that there could be some coloring popping up, since the GrandSire to Walter's clutch was an Okeetee Tessera.

Look at the baby in post #88 on this page compared to Aeetes.

Also, look at the Amel Tessera's in post #90 on the same page, the variable amount of color inside the white on the head/neck areas. I see none of that coloring on Circe, the female I got from you.

If you don't plan on it already, I'd do a repeat pairing of Big Moose and Petunia. (Or something similar, if you have a Miami het Amel you want to add into the project)
I do not recall any Candycane's being better than these.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:11 PM   #14
Tavia
He is a gorgeous baby! I'll be getting a brother of theirs, can't wait for him to get here!

Old 08-27-2015, 08:29 PM   #15
DuxorW
I got a candycane tessera from Walter last year as part of a group of problem feeders. She ate for me immediately and thrived, so I sold her. I really regret it! Luckily I have her sister, a miami tessera het amel (I believe she is descended from one of your miami tesseras that turned out to be het amel). I plan to breed her with my ultramel candycane ph caramel cinder. Can't wait to see pics of yours after she sheds!

Old 08-27-2015, 08:45 PM   #16
Nanci
Carol has made some outstanding candy canes, especially the motleys. And Walter has turned out some nice ones, too. Didn't he do ultramel candy cane, or something??

Old 08-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #17
DuxorW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Carol has made some outstanding candy canes, especially the motleys. And Walter has turned out some nice ones, too. Didn't he do ultramel candy cane, or something??
Yes, I have one of his ultramel candycanes and he's a stunner! He is 50% ph cinder so I suspect the cinder influence helps. He's in shed right now, so I don't have a photo.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:12 PM   #18
XenDrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Now those are some nice candy canes. We can just reference people to this thread if they want to know if their amel is a candy cane.
To me, this is almost exactly what mine looks like. (but so far everyone has said she's a standard amel)

Old 08-27-2015, 09:14 PM   #19
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
He is a gorgeous baby! I'll be getting a brother of theirs, can't wait for him to get here!
Ooooh! Which one??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
I got a candycane tessera from Walter last year as part of a group of problem feeders. She ate for me immediately and thrived, so I sold her. I really regret it! Luckily I have her sister, a miami tessera het amel (I believe she is descended from one of your miami tesseras that turned out to be het amel). I plan to breed her with my ultramel candycane ph caramel cinder. Can't wait to see pics of yours after she sheds!
Yes, if she is from that clutch, her Dam is one that Tara and I produced in 2011.

I'm anxious to see Circe after she sheds too!!
She's taking her sweet time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Yes, she has. I haven't seen many from Carol recently, but I know she's busy and doesn't have as much time to post pics. I miss seeing Carol around here.

Carol has the best Miami's hands down, and I am looking forward to adding LBR line Miami to my Miami Tessera's to refine them.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:15 PM   #20
MysticExotics
Nanci, I think it is the big red saddles on this male that make him so striking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google