CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Candycane stuff :)

Old 08-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #31
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
You're welcome! I was meaning Nanci's as well!
She produced an outstanding clutch!

I'll post pics of the female, if she ever decides to shed. LOL

Old 08-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #32
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
She produced an outstanding clutch!

I'll post pics of the female, if she ever decides to shed. LOL
OK great!!

Old 08-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #33
MysticExotics
She still hasn't shed yet, so I decided to post a couple pics of her anyways.
One is from the day she arrived, and the other one I took a few minutes ago.

This little girl is busy! She won't sit still for a minute!

Old 08-31-2015, 06:24 AM   #34
Nanci
Maybe she isn't blue???

Old 08-31-2015, 12:56 PM   #35
MysticExotics
I thought about that, and maybe with the Tessera pattern, her reds aren't as saturated as her brother's. She has looked the same since the day she arrived, so that might be it.

I gave her a tiny pinky on feeding day, which you could barely tell she ate, but I figured she'd probably be pretty hungry, and it wouldn't be big enough to hinder a shed process.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:19 PM   #36
Nanci
I'll check back through her notes.

Okay- I'm home. I have no note that she shed. I also searched her bin, and there is no hidden shed. it's a mystery.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:31 PM   #37
DuxorW
Heather, I figured this was as good a place as any to post this picture. I received a group of non/poor feeders from Walter last year that included a miami tessera het amel and a candycane tessera, descended from the dam you and Tara produced in 2011. Both thrived and I sold the candycane tessera and kept the miami tess. The customer sent me an update on the candycane tessera today! You can't see her whole body in the photo but I think she looks good, and did not yellow up.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:41 PM   #38
MysticExotics
That's great! I see no sign of yellow on either of these two. I think the Cinder influence (and the fact that Big Moose is awesome) make a big difference.

Some of the babies in that clutch (Walter's) had some yellow, and some didn't, which is is understandable since the GrandSire was an Okeetee Tessera.

I want to see what my light Miami Tessera's do with Candycane.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #39
DuxorW
As you know, I have a descendent of your miami tessera, a miami tessera het amel, sister to that candycane tessera. Years from now, I hope to pair her with the ultramel candycane I got from Walter (ultramel candycane tesseras!) He is 50% ph cinder, which I think is why he looks so clean. Eventually, I may pair him to a very clean, red peppermint female I have. Even if it doesn't improve the "candycaneness," maybe I'll get lucky and get pretty peppermints and red-phase ultramel cinders?

Ultramel candycane (hateling):

Miami tessera het amel:

Peppermint:

I hope this is a pairing that Nanci repeats, because I would love a candycane that's as spectacular as yours.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:05 PM   #40
MysticExotics
They're all beautiful!
I love that Miami baby! I hope you post progression pics of her!

I hope Nanci does a repeat pairing as well!

So look who finally decided to shed....

I had to add a pic of her brother too, because he's so awesome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google