CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Aquarium lid clips

Old 02-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #1
smigon
Aquarium lid clips

I have a few vivs without clips, I liked my setup with the Velcro but the sticky side seems not to want to hold to the glass well.

So I want to try the clips. I had a few when I did a few rescues, they came with clips, but they were so hard to work with I started using the Velcro.

Does anyone have any to sell?

Old 02-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
I liked my setup with the Velcro but the sticky side seems not to want to hold to the glass well.
Hey Michelle,

I use the sew-on Velcro, and it works fine. As long as it's tight, I've found that here is no need for it to stick to the glass.

I just can't let myself trust those clips 100% of the time. I always worry that a snake will get out if we go away for a weekend. I know; a little paranoid, lol!

Kathy

Old 02-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #3
smigon
But what does it stick to? I take two 2" sticky-backed hook pieces and put one on the top in the corner of the lid and one directly below it on the tank.

Then I take one long loop piece and connect the two.

Can you explain your setup in a little more detail? I love the Velcro idea best and it works for the most part but like I said, sometimes the sticky side fails and I have had a couple escapes because of it (nobody lost for good, luckily!).

Old 02-11-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
insomniac101
That's the beauty of it - it doesn't need to stick to work. HERE'S a thread where it was discussed in more detail. You just put the two ends together, wrap it around the tank, pull tight and press the pieces together. Works like a charm!

Kathy

Old 02-13-2015, 02:11 AM   #5
IowaPrairieWoman
while I find them hard to take off, I have had good luck with the clips.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac101 View Post
That's the beauty of it - it doesn't need to stick to work. HERE'S a thread where it was discussed in more detail. You just put the two ends together, wrap it around the tank, pull tight and press the pieces together. Works like a charm!

Kathy
Ahhh, that makes more sense! I was using the tape kind for the tank and the sewing kind to connect the two.

BUT, now I am wondering how the two ends connect. Say you put the loop kind all around the tanks, what does it connect to when the ends meet?

Old 02-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #7
insomniac101
It only connects to itself. It just serves as a snug strap to prevent the snake from lifting the screen top. No need for it to stick to anything.

Kathy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google