CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

PLEASE HELP

Old 08-19-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
LDELPLATO
PLEASE HELP

Something happened during her last feeding. She passed a mouse in less than 24 hrs. You could tell it was a mouse she ate - the head and tail distinguishable. Then she appeared to go into shed cycle but pooped again next day(normal looking). I did nothing and left her alone.

She came out when she was ready to shed but she could only break her head free. After that she was stuck in shed for over a day. I noticed swelling in her belly. Snake Bytes guy recommended holding her in warm bath to help her. That was perfect and she got out.

Went to vet(OMG) stayed and took meds home with daily warm bath routine. They wanted to do more work (blood,urine, ultrasound, fecal) $1200-$1800. Very sad I cannot swing that and I wanted to seek advice here.

How do I attach pictures?

Old 08-19-2020, 07:03 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
When you say she passed a mouse, do you mean she regurgitated it?

Easiest way to attach pictures is to upload them to an image hosting site, like imgur or photobucket and then paste the link to them here.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
Rich Z
I posted a procedure on how to post image files as attachments on one of my other sites:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

That should get you started.

Old 08-19-2020, 08:15 PM   #4
LDELPLATO
[IMG]https://s1250.photobucket.com/user/LDELPLATO/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20200819_183439.jpg.html

Old 08-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #5
LDELPLATO
http://

Old 08-19-2020, 08:28 PM   #6
LDELPLATO

Old 08-19-2020, 08:29 PM   #7
LDELPLATO

Old 08-19-2020, 08:33 PM   #8
LDELPLATO

Old 08-20-2020, 12:03 AM   #9
Shiari
Unfortunately, this is rather clearly a true medical issue and none of us here are vets. If you have to choose one thing, go with the bloodwork. If you can choose two things, bloodwork and ultrasound.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:55 PM   #10
MissJennifer
I definitely say bloodwork (& ultrasound?)
Bloodwork at least will give you a good idea if there's a problem.
When mine was having some issues with egg laying; I did a panel on her & calcium injection. Cost of that plus visit & x-ray ran me $350ish.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google