CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Retirement........

Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #21
norsmis
Good luck Rich!

Old 05-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #22
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
Heck Rich after you get set on selling every thing, I bet there will be that one Gal or Guy you will hold on that is your favorite.

I was wondering the same thing. Are there a few snakes that won't make the retirement cut? Can you really get rid of everythign?

Good luck Rich on getting rid of the collection and taking those final steps towards retirement. It must be that 'bittersweet' thing you hear mentioned of from time to time. So many good feelings to be moving on with the next step but also a few sad feelings to be leaving something you've done for a long while in a market where you are known as one of the founders.

Good luck with it all!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #23
RobbiesCornField
I wish you the best of luck, Rich.
You've provided many people with forums they can call "home", and feel accepted. You've done quite a good bit for the reptile industry. You've done so much for everyone else, it's time for you to be able to relax and enjoy some time with Connie.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #24
bekers71
Rich,
Congrats and good luck with your retirement plans. Some times the best decisions are always the hardest to make. But like you, we have to weigh the pros and cons and chose what is right by our families and our selves. 30 years is a long time and I'm sure it's been a very rewarding yet tiring journey for you. Over the years you have built a remarkable reputation for your self and inspired many newbs such as my self. Now it's time for you and the lovely wife to sit back, relax and enjoy each other. I'll look forward to seeing you post on the threads here and there. We all know that when you have the passion of herps, it's like being a lifer in the military, it's in your blood. You can never walk away completely. Good luck!

Old 05-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #25
measley
Rich, I just wanted to offer my congratulations and best wishes for the future.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #26
Walter Smith
Rich,
I would like to wish You and Connie all the best....
I hope you two have a great, happy & relaxing retirement.

Walter,
BOUT' CORNS !!
P.S. A more personal email sent...

Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #27
Tracee
You are absolutely doing the right thing. You must do what you feel is right for you and your family and what might happen in 2, 5, 10 years from now, well, cross that bridge when you come to it.

Glad to hear you'll still be around - not that any of those new morph triumphs will be coming from me and my single snake! Even though I do only have the one, you and the community you built here has provided me with huge amounts of support and knowledge that I would never have found anywhere else. All of us here, and our snakes, owe you a lot.

I look forward to your book

Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
stephen
Rich

I wish you and Connie a happy retirement !
You have been a great inspiration to others and myself !
Hope life gets a little more pleasurable for both of you!

Old 05-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #29
b8g8
Wishing you the best.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #30
ArpeggioAngel
Rich,
I just wanted to add my heartfelt thanks and best wishes.
You have been an inspiration to many of us just starting out and a wonderful source of knowledge over the years. I am one of the lucky people who have also been able to meet you and Connie personally and if anyone deserves a happy retirement it is certainly you guys!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google