CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Video tour of the facility

Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #21
a_god_s
I'm sure many have wondered what your set-up looked like....Thanks for the "peek" into the backrooms of Serpenco! I never realized the extent of your operation!
Rich, you and Connie have made a lasting mark on the corn world and I personally want to thank you both for your labors...now we see just how HUGE that kind of commitment is. Enjoy the retirement! Well-earned for sure!

Old 12-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #22
Asbit
All I can say is a well deserved retirement and there just are no words to cover how much hard work you must have put into SerpentCo!!! Thanks for it all, now go have fun!

Old 12-13-2009, 02:04 AM   #23
Rich Z
I probably need to take a video of the now animal-less buildings.

Actually I wanted to take video of the Friday when Mark was here and we were bagging up 950 adults and subadults, but I just couldn't find any decent place to mount the video camera. I would have needed to either be on a tripod, which everyone would have been tripping on, or I would have had to mount it at a spot about the work area where my balding head would have been the most prominent focus of attention in the whole darn video.

I guess I will miss having all those living gems to take video of every June through August, though..... That WAS a lot of fun for me.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #24
scottsquatch
I have a feeling you won't be able to stay away completely. Cornsnakes have played such a huge role in your life that I'd bet you'll end up with a few high-end pairs just for the pleasure of it. Sooner or later anyway. That was a nice peek into how its done in the "big leagues". Thanks.

Scott

Old 12-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #25
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsquatch View Post
I have a feeling you won't be able to stay away completely. Cornsnakes have played such a huge role in your life that I'd bet you'll end up with a few high-end pairs just for the pleasure of it. Sooner or later anyway. That was a nice peek into how its done in the "big leagues". Thanks.

Scott
Hell, after touring Mark and Kim Bell's place, my place was not even a drop in the bucket in comparison.

Yeah, who can say what the future may bring. Maybe someone will develop something completely outrageous that I will HAVE to have....

Old 12-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #26
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Hell, after touring Mark and Kim Bell's place, my place was not even a drop in the bucket in comparison.

Yeah, who can say what the future may bring. Maybe someone will develop something completely outrageous that I will HAVE to have....
Sunkissed Amel Ashy Tesseras? I'll get started on it right away!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #27
Tunovich
W0W!!!
And I thought that I saw it all.

I am truly sad that you retire and wont continue with your amazing project.

Best luck with whatever you decide to do next!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #28
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunovich View Post
W0W!!!
And I thought that I saw it all.

I am truly sad that you retire and wont continue with your amazing project.

Best luck with whatever you decide to do next!

I think he's watching his car getting fix!!

Old 03-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #29
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
I think he's watching his car getting fix!!
Man, you got THAT right.... Since having it towed from the first guy working on it (who wound up putting old parts back in and charging me for new), the turbos have had to be replaced, many of the things the first guy said he did either weren't done or were done in a slipshod manner, had to replace the valve covers, have the engine pulled out again right now to replace the oil pan gasket bolts that were a bit too long and causing an oil leak, and an apparent head gasket blowout. When the heads were pulled they found that a washer or something had been dropped into one of the cylinders that caused some piston damage, requiring it to be replaced.

Been over 17 months now since I first took it into the shop to have work started....

As for the "facility" you all wouldn't recognize it now. Carpeted the floor, painted the walls and set up one of the rooms for me to play around on my keyboard (music type). I'm going to get cable run over there so I have internet service there. And Connie is going to set up one of the rooms so she can do her yoga stuff...

Honestly it is just great that we don't have to rush around like maniacs because we have to fit everything around the grind of working with the animals. I'm just surprised that it didn't kill us before we could escape.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #30
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Man, you got THAT right.... Since having it towed from the first guy working on it (who wound up putting old parts back in and charging me for new), the turbos have had to be replaced, many of the things the first guy said he did either weren't done or were done in a slipshod manner, had to replace the valve covers, have the engine pulled out again right now to replace the oil pan gasket bolts that were a bit too long and causing an oil leak, and an apparent head gasket blowout. When the heads were pulled they found that a washer or something had been dropped into one of the cylinders that caused some piston damage, requiring it to be replaced.

Been over 17 months now since I first took it into the shop to have work started....

As for the "facility" you all wouldn't recognize it now. Carpeted the floor, painted the walls and set up one of the rooms for me to play around on my keyboard (music type). I'm going to get cable run over there so I have internet service there. And Connie is going to set up one of the rooms so she can do her yoga stuff...

Honestly it is just great that we don't have to rush around like maniacs because we have to fit everything around the grind of working with the animals. I'm just surprised that it didn't kill us before we could escape.
Wow, sorry to hear this. You're a patience man.

You could update this thread and do an after shot of new music/yoga rooms!! Before/after type of thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google