CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

New motor for my vette...

Old 04-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #91
Allalaskan
Man sounds like you have been to hell and back over that vette

You know what they say about project cars though, they are never finished, usually though its not fixing other peoples mistakes.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #92
Rich Z
Yeah, I'm about to the point where I just want it running so I can drive it somewhere and slap a FOR SALE sign on the damned thing. I'm sure I would get a better price for it running than I would if I had to tow it there.

IF it ever gets done, I'll just have to see how many bad memories are now associated with it. I know the last few times I saw it on the lift I felt kind of nauseous. Seeing the engine out again was definitely an unpleasant experience.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #93
Gronk
Wowzaa Rich....that is a NICE ride ! <G>

Old 04-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #94
Allalaskan
Ya I can imagine it would be hard to enjoy something that has caused so much pain and grief. SOOO when your done you can ship it up to me hahahaha

All joking aside sorry to hear its been such a pain in the butt. I have had cars like that where they were nothing but problems, I wanted to take my guns to a few of em.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #95
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allalaskan View Post
Ya I can imagine it would be hard to enjoy something that has caused so much pain and grief. SOOO when your done you can ship it up to me hahahaha

All joking aside sorry to hear its been such a pain in the butt. I have had cars like that where they were nothing but problems, I wanted to take my guns to a few of em.
I haven't ruled that out neither. Fifty caliber API and incendiary rounds would probably make a mess of that blue plastic body......

Old 04-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #96
Allalaskan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I haven't ruled that out neither. Fifty caliber API and incendiary rounds would probably make a mess of that blue plastic body......
Haha

Last summer we went out for a big shoot out. A buddy brought his 2 lb Black powder cannon and his brother donated a 94 Explorer. Needless to say, that thing was a "holy SUV" when we were done with it hahah. It was shot with every thing from a .22lr up to a 12 guage up to a .300 win mag and of course the Cannon haha. It was fun.

I would have a hard time though doing that to a Corvette lol.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #97
tsst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Not to high jack this thread but do you have a Barrett 82A1? If so how do you like it?

Old 04-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #98
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsst View Post
Not to high jack this thread but do you have a Barrett 82A1? If so how do you like it?
Well, actually I recently sold it. Matter of fact, I shipped it out to the buyer just yesterday. Haven't shot it for many years now. Bought it back in 1997 and it's spent most of it's life sitting in a vault.

It was fun to shoot, but it does wear you out pretty quickly. I honestly never put more than two rounds in the magazine anyway, as rapid firing this gun to empty a full magazine is just not something I wanted to try. The gun is BIG and HEAVY and quite honestly at this stage of my life (age) not any fun to try to lug around. Accuracy is not all that great because of the recoiling barrel assembly, so figure on 2 MOA at best.

Recoil is something you have to be aware of all the time when shooting one of these things. The muzzle brake helps a LOT, but it is still there. Feels like a big shove on your shoulder pushing you back about 4 inches. You HAVE to keep your face welded to the stock of the gun unless you want the back end of the scope imprinting above your right eye. A scope with substantial eye relief is a MUST.

I actually liked shooting the model 99 a whole lot more than the M82A1, even though it is a single shot rifle. And I also have a model 95 that I have never fired yet. So it's not like I got rid of all my .50BMG shooting arsenal...

Here's some old pics when I had the "family" all together. From front to back it's the model 95, model 99, and model M82A1.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #99
tsst
Did it hold it's value well? I am seeing prices around $8000 - $10,000 around me

Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #100
Rich Z
I did OK with the price I got for it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google