CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

What kinds of snakes eat rabbits?

Old 11-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #11
Fatman608
Hey carnivorouszoo,

I have a dumb idea, why not just freeze them and put an ad on craige's list and sell them as snake food to someone who has large snakes. Just my 2 cents.

Love the Fatman

Old 11-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #12
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman608 View Post
Hey carnivorouszoo,

I have a dumb idea, why not just freeze them and put an ad on craige's list and sell them as snake food to someone who has large snakes. Just my 2 cents.

Love the Fatman
he is only saying this as he wants a carpet python before you....
So he can be cooler than you.....

Old 11-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #13
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
he is only saying this as he wants a carpet python before you....
So he can be cooler than you.....

Says the Carpet Python Addict... LOL

Old 11-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #14
SquamishSerpents
female DUMERIL's BOA!

at least i THINK a full grown female could eat a 1lb rabbit.

i have a male, but he is sort of young, and the males don't get as big as females. they are absolutely LOVELY snakes though, such a great disposition.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #15
carnivorouszoo
Hmm, I will keep that in mind, but I really like how carpets look. Only problem I found was the sites I looked at talked about enclosures in measurements. I am not familiar with the measurements of tanks. I have a 20 long and a 29 tall. Would either of these work for a carpet or should I try to trade them for a 55? (Or just buy a used 55 lol)

Old 11-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #16
tress29
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorouszoo View Post
I am not familiar with the measurements of tanks. I have a 20 long and a 29 tall.
Just Google standard aquarium sizes...

Old 11-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #17
carnivorouszoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman608 View Post
Hey carnivorouszoo,

Love the Fatman
Oh, I did try that a couple of times but all I got in response was people asking if I had live. Since I raise for my family to eat, that really would not work for me at this time. With a carpet I would also breed rats so it would not just get rabbits, it would have mice and rats available to eat too. Besides, I am just in the planning stages. I don't plan to actually buy until probably around April maybe later if I go to a breeder

I looked up carpet python breeders and most the websites I got were 2003 info up to 2008 info but no recent animals available. All the sites were old

Old 11-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #18
carnivorouszoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
Just Google standard aquarium sizes...
I would but I went back and checked. . .the two sites with viv size info are talking about tubs for a rack. I'd rather have a carpet in a display tank

Old 11-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #19
carnivorouszoo
Ok I found a site that says they need a 125 gallon tank, another says 75, another says 50 and another says 100??? I could do a 55 gallon tank in my home no problem, but nothing bigger. How in the world do I know what is right? Hmm, maybe I shouldn't get a carpet. If it helps I know I can have a 55 gallon tank in my home without having to sleep on the floor lol.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
carnivorouszoo
I weighed my largest kit, they are 3 weeks old and he weighed in at 0.59 lbs So I was over estimating weight. Does this make any difference? Deffinitely smaller than a guinea pig lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google