CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Daytona breeders expo

Old 08-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #21
Dragonling
:O What herp books? I like books.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #22
Rich Z
Well, I've got a few of them....

Old 08-18-2017, 12:12 PM   #23
Rich Z
Speaking of the eclipse, Connie called me from South Carolina this morning and she said there are signs all over route 95 warning of heavy traffic congestion in the area on Monday. Apparently this eclipse is now a huge media circus. I'm sure there will be vendors all along the path selling T-shirts showing the eclipse, which, of course, CAN'T be of THIS eclipse.

Connie is feeling pretty bad, but just wants to be back home. Just as well that we didn't make any reservations to be at Daytona or somewhere along the path of the eclipse as she said it was highly unlikely that she was even going to get out of bed the entire weekend. Way back when I first heard about the eclipse, I had figured staying in Santee, SC would have been perfect. The abandoned bridge across the lake there would have been a perfect spot to set up the camera. Of course, probably a zillion people had the same idea, so I'm sure it would have been so crowded there that we wouldn't be able to even move without bumping into three other people. Ah well, I'll just watch the eclipse on YouTube. Not sure how much we will be able to see of it from north Florida, but maybe a sliver of the moon will cross the sun. The is unless the clouds obscure the sun here at that time.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:30 PM   #24
Rich Z
So, today would have been setup day at the Daytona Expo. Can't say that I miss that very much, neither. After setup, Connie and I would go to our hotel room and just collapse. One year we did that to wake up to the sound of hurricane Charlie shaking the building. So yeah, that was a fun weekend....

Old 08-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #25
Rich Z
So, no feedback at all about the show?

Old 09-03-2017, 07:50 PM   #26
Cflaguy
Daytona

I was a little encouraged in that it was a bigger than the last number of years. More vendors and although cobra food, I mean Ball Pythons still outnumbered other reptiles, there was a good variety of animals and supplies.
I got out lucky. Only spent $115 on a Leopard Tortoise.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #27
Rich Z
I did watch a couple of YouTube videos I found, and traffic seemed kind of light there from what it used to be when we went there. Certainly the aisles were a lot wider, as was the space between the tables for the vendors. Wayne used to really pack them in, but I guess there are less vendors than there used to be.

Didn't see a whole lot of faces that I recognized, but most videos were showing the animals more than the people at the show.

To be perfectly honest, not even once watching the videos did the thought cross my mind "I wish I had been there". Doing that show at that time of year was extremely stressful for us, and I guess there is still some residual "muscle memory" of that in my bones.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google