• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ingesting aspen...again

I fed my corn twice in his enclosure and each time he ingested a (very, very) small amount of aspen. I decided I didn't want to worry about this affecting his health, so I started feeding him in a separate container and all has been well. Moving him back to his cage after a feed doesn't seem to stress him out much at all.
Hello. Yes, I've been doing the same since my last reply. Also what I do to move her back, I put kitchen towel down in the container and when she's finished eating, after a few minutes I carry her into her vivarium on the kitchen towel so I don't disturb her at all. She's liking all this :). When she's bigger I'd have to just move her in with my hands.

Daisy June 17, a butter motley corn snake

It is actually better to get a snake accustomed to the feeding area being anywhere EXCEPT their living quarters anyway. Keeps down the incidents of fingers getting grabbed by mistake when reaching into the cage to pick up the critter. They will develop bad habits if you let them.

It is actually better to get a snake accustomed to the feeding area being anywhere EXCEPT their living quarters anyway. Keeps down the incidents of fingers getting grabbed by mistake when reaching into the cage to pick up the critter. They will develop bad habits if you let them.
Yes I agree. She's never bitten me in 3 and a half months I've had her(she's ariund 8 months now) but that might change as she gets older!

Daisy June 17, a butter motley corn snake

Back