CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Rubber maid containers.....

Old 10-17-2002, 12:03 PM   #1
louis
Rubber maid containers.....

When I saw all of Simon's rubbermaid containers I began to think, "How does each one of those have a hot and cold side and how does he watch inside the containers." I'm not considering getting a rubbermaid cuz i don't even have any snakes right now; want them, but dont have them.

Just wondering.

Old 10-17-2002, 12:26 PM   #2
Jimmy C.
Hey Louis,
The Rubber maid containers that Simon has I believe are at least 24" long x 17" wide x 6" high. I think that he uses a 6" heat tape that would leave at least 18" of unheated area. I believe that this is what most of the big breeders do.
I am in the process of changing over from fish tanks to the rubber maid containers myself.
Jimmy C.

Old 10-17-2002, 04:01 PM   #3
pipatic
the heat/mat/tape/or cable is attact to the backof the rack or underneath the boxes,as it only heats that end to mid 80s ,so that by the time the heat get to the front of the boxes its cooled down to 78-80,hence the thermal gradent, plus the tubs are very easy to clean , so can be wash time and time again unlike wood etc....hope this helps

Old 10-18-2002, 01:45 AM   #4
Simon
LOL..
this post was about my rubber maid....and all of you have already answered my question...LOL

thanks guys!!

Oh yeah...Jimmy is absolutly right about my rubbermaid and the heat tapes.....the only thing that you guys are wrong is that I use Sterilite and not rubber maid...I like sterilite's rounded surface more than the rubber maid's......hahahah

Oh yeah
louis,
the box is what Jimmy said the dimention is. The heat tape is 6 inches wide....and I use one stripe for two containsers....so it's 3 inches under the boxes.....since the containers are 17 inches in width that leaves them at least 14 inches of non heated portion...so they can move around as they wish...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google