CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Corn Snake Names

Old 12-13-2006, 03:56 PM   #11
Ssthisto
My corns (theme - gems, minerals, rocks):

Jasper - normal male (Jasper is often red or orange.)
Cinnabar - Amel maybe-male (Cinnabar is a red mercury ore)
Shale - Ghost maybe-female (Shale's a grey sedimentary rock)
Flint - Charcoal het Bloodred female(Flint is often clear grey)
Calcite - Coral Snow male (Calcite can be pink, orange or white)
Zircon - "Janery" Anery het opal stripe male (Zircon can be white or grey)
Mica - "Janery" Anery het opal stripe female (Mica can also be white, grey or black)

My rat snakes (overall theme: Mythicals + Irwin):
Siren - Leucistic Texas Rat female (because she called to me from the shop and I couldn't resist)
Irwin - Everglades Rat male '05 (First animal we got after Steve Irwin died)
Baz (short for "Basilisk") - Everglades Rat male '03 (Because "Baz" sounded right).

My Rainbow boas are Spectrum (M) and Iris (F), for their colours.

My leopard geckos are all named after astronomical stars.
My fat-tailed geckos are both named with Swahili names that mean "lizard" and "gecko".
Jareth, my crested gecko, is so named because he does one line from Labyrinth's song "Dance Magic Dance" ... namely "Jump, Magic, Jump"
Fionn is my Tokay, and if we ever get a male he'll be "Rob Anybody".
The slow worms are named after fairy-tale characters.
The giant European Glass lizards are Tananda and Chumley, from Robert Asprin's Myth series.

And last, but not least, the cats are named for characters in the Alien series - Newt and Jonesy (we did have a Ripley, but he moved out!)

Old 12-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #12
dionythicus
Oh, my, this is going to be long. I'll just list everybody and make it easy.

Achtung...creamsicle (see link here http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...hlight=achtung )
Aero...amel zigzag
Babushka...Russian ratsnake
Batou...BP (from Ghost in the Shell anime)
Beasley...classic poss het ghost bloodred (song by Pink Martini, see Samson)
Bella Luna...Honduran ratsnake het silver
Belladonna....MBK
Bruneaux...amel, my first snake (mother of Aero and Fydeaux)
Bumblebee...BP
Calcifer...amel mot
Chartreuse...snow with yellow borders
Cooper...creamsicle, father of Achtung
Cosmo...Miami
Cranberry...bloodred poss het ghost
Crone...blizzard, oldest snake I have at 13
Daffyd (davith)...classic mot (from Little Britain)
Dagger de Mort...amel het ghost (from Bleeding Edge Goth dolls)
Dallas...corn/bull hybrid (Texas bullsnake and my brother lives in Dallas)
Dandelion...amel het lav
Deliliah...locality Okeetee from Kathy Love
Deuel...Okeetee phase wide stripe aztec (named for Pete Duel, Deuel was the real spelling of his last name)
Diego...Ruthen's kingsnake
Dokuro...sunkissed
Dude...leopard gecko
Dune...Kenyan sand boa
Durango...classic (colours reminded me of the mountains of Durango, CO)
Elvis...desert phase Cali king
EMF...ghost (electromagnetic frequency, used in ghost hunting)
EVP...ghost (electronic voice phenomenon, also used in ghost hunting)
Flame...classic striped
Frankenstein...eastern chain kingsnake
Frau Blucher...BP (from Young Frankenstein)
Fuu...classic striped (from Samurai Champloo anime)
Fydeaux...amel with funky pattern
Gantz...butter (from anime called Gantz, watch it and look for the dog, you'll understand why I named a butter after the show)
Guadalupe...anery het amel (Our Lady of Whatever)
Haka...banded Okeetee (Japanese for family grave)
Hazel...caramel het butter
Hugo...classic (our biggest corn, he's huge-o, father of Aero and Fydeaux)
Hydra...Okeetee phase aztec
Igor...Russian ratsnake
Immaculata...anery het amel (she had little crosses on her sides)
Jetta...classic het snow (mother of Chartreuse, Guadalupe and Immaculata)
Kiowa...Emoryi (Native American plains tribe)
Leafe...sunkissed (named from Pretear anime)
Leela...grey band kingsnake (only has one eye, so she was named from Futurama)
Lil Iodine...classic stripe (my mother's nickname as a kid)
Lolita Mana...anery stripe (thought it was a girl so it got Lolita, but its a boy so it has both names, which in Japanese culture Mana is a type of acceptable cross dressing in rock stars)
Mahna Mahna...classic aztec (Muppets' song)
Matches...banded mot
Medusa...50/50 Cali king
Mercury...Baird's ratsnake
Motoko Kusanagi...classic poss het ghost bloodred (name of main character from anime Ghost in the Shell, get it? She's het for ghost.)
Myfanwy (mifanway)...classic mot (Little Britain)
Pinoko...classic het snow (named from Blackjack anime)
Pocky...reverse Okeetee (Japanese candy)
Primer...charcoal
Princess...lav albino Cali king
Punkin...amel het lavender
Puppy...milksnake phase het snow
Rascal...opal
Rover...western hognose
Rusty...hypo bullsnake
Sakura...snow het lavender (Japanese for cherry blossom)
Samhain...red blotched kingsnake (think Hallowe'en)
Samson...classic poss het ghost bloodred (other half of the Pink Martini song, In the Gardens of Samson and Beasley)
Scorpio...bloodred poss het ghsot
Séance...ghost
Shimmer...snow stripe
Shiro...snow (Japanese for white, father of Chartreuse, Guadalupe and Immaculata)
Sneaky Snake...rootbeer het amel (Tom T Hall song)
Soba...Children's python
Sphynx...BP
Thor...Kenyan sand boa
Tobin...banded mot (Ghostbuster's Tobin's Spirit Guide)
Toffee...caramel het butter
Togusa...redtail boa (my fave character from Ghost in the Shell, voiced by Crispin Freeman!)
Tortie...cinnamon emoryi/corn poss het mot, amel, anery
Ume...lavender het amel (Japanese for plum)
Vienna...BP
Zero...unknown morph, probably anery, maybe ghost?

Old 12-13-2006, 05:12 PM   #13
Steve'sMom
"Steve" Ghost male - (after Steve Irwin because the first thing I thought when I saw him as a baby was "he has khaki saddles!")

"Lydia" Ghost female - "Psalm of Lydia" my favorite song by Nevermore (if anyone knows what I'm talking about, that's really awsome! LOL)

"Ruby" female Love line Okeetee baby - duh...red saddles. Wasn't very thoughtful that day

"Quinby" male Miami - Scandinavian for "living like kingship" because I've tried everything to make him as comfortable and happy as possible and to make his mice good enough for him cause he's so picky!!! (finally broke down and bought him an anole to scent)

"Tayki" female Miami - means woman in a Seminole language

"Jaegar" male w/c normal - means "one who hunts" in German...because he's wild and he really "hunts" his dead mouse!

"Clementine" female w/c normal with lots of red - Clementine is the official name of the color my grandma's VW Beetle was (her fav. car) and we always faught over whether it was orange or red.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #14
Jessicat
Cool Thread idea!

I don't usually name my snakes until I find a perfect name. I at least want something that fits really well.
Warning, this might be a bit long winded..

Baby Travis - Ghost (m)
I went "snake shopping" once I was ready for my first cornsnake and ended up with a ghost. The guy who sold me the snake's name was Travis. My roommate and I started calling the snake "Baby Travis" on the way back home.

Kimerscoff - Motley het Butter (m)
Named by an ex boyfriend. My ex used to joke around about tricking people into thinking he had a russian foriegn exchange student staying with him. When people came over he'd say that "Kimerscoff" was off doing erronds or sight seeing. His dad owned a huge house though so I think people usually believed him. Or at least pretended to.

Hunt - Locality Okeetee (m)
Hehe, possibly the most uncreative name ever, named for the Hunt Club. I tried to go with "Hunter" but it didn't fit quite as well. He has a GREAT feeding responce as well, so also named for that.

Tetris - Locality Okeetee (f)
She has a great part to her pattern that looks like someone's about to get a tetris.

Scarlet - Locality Okeetee (f)
*shrug* Just a pretty name that went well with her collors.

Copperhead - most likley Amel, hopefully Butter stripe/motley (m)
When I was looking at the pictures Tom sent me of the babies he had and drooling over them my boyfriends dad came in the room. Whenever he sees me looking at snakes he starts talking about the snakes he used to deal with when he was growing up in Arkensaw. Also, this guy's got a really light head right now. Maybe if I'm lucky it'll turn copper.. or at least orangy.

Cottonmouth - High White Reverse Okeetee (f)
Same story as above.
Minus the copper head, plus the cotton white color of her borders.

Bayonet - Caramel Mot (f)
Just 'cause

Non corn
Kai - Columbian RTB (m)
When I got him a friend who was with me suggested Kaa from the jungle book. I think the name is cool, but it's a python name! I have a co-worker named Kai and I've always thought the name was cool. After the Kaa suggestion my train of thought immediatly jumped to Kai.

Still unnamed!
1.1 Blood reds
I recently saw a post about someone's bloodred named Pomegranete. I wish I'd thought of it first because it's awesome and perfet consitering my female's het for Anery A!

1.1 Ultramel
I'll probably name these guys Haraku and either Naota or Canti. I'm not sure yet, I just got these two. Haraku seems like a fitting name for the female though because her colors are really bright and loud.

Hypo Honduran Milksnake
He's just too cool for an ordinary name and I can't think of anything spectacular yet.

Well, I think that's everyone....
I did have a little amel that I named Exclamation because he had an exclamation on his head pattern. Unfortunatly my cat got to him though. =(
I hadn't even noticed I had an escape. Even though he's very sadly not part of my collection any more I think he's worth a mention here!

PS: I absolutly LOVE the name Raven. I don't know what it is, it just sounds so pretty.
This is my Raven at the moment:

Old 12-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #15
BeckyG
Mine are here:

Snake Name Thread

My bloodred was changed to Scarlett. I felt Garnet was too harsh sounding for such a sweet little snake. And the Amel het lav is Blaze.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #16
Hypancistrus
My current boy is named Hokie, after my alma-mater (VA Tech).

I lost Sterling and Hecate, both were Anerythristics. Sterling was an obvious name, and Hecate ("Cate" for short) was a name from mythology- some sort of demi-God with snakes for hair.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #17
witchbreeze
I only have one...

But love her lots, she's a creamsicle

Kreme Korn-Snake

Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #18
Nanci
I didn't know we could include the non-corns!

Choco- Coastal Cali King- looks like choc chip cookie dough

Inez- needed a Spanish name- totally stole it (with permission) from a MBK of the same name :-) Nelson's Milksnake

Addy- Eastern Hoggy- puffs up like a Puff Adder- their colloquial name

Zee- Tri Hoggy- He has some zigzag going on, including a perfect huge black Z on his spine. I sort of wanted a Z name, but couldn't narrow it down.

Nanci

Old 12-13-2006, 10:33 PM   #19
Shade
I'm doing a hebrew mythology theme with my animals.

Samael - male Black Rat snake (Means 'Venom of God,' one of the angels that guards Eden.)

Belial (Formerly Ishtar - demon of fertility) - Male anery aztec (Angel of confusion and lust before the fall, also credited to be the father of lucifer)

And I'm hopefully getting a RTB around christmas, and I'll continue the theme with it's name most likely.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:33 PM   #20
jazzgeek
J.D. - (Amel) my first snake, it stands for "Juris Doctor". At the time, I thought it'd be cute to name a snake after a lawyer's diploma.

Glutton -
(Sunglow) self-named, was a chow hound from a hatchling.

Ansel -
(Anery) in honor of the photographer Ansel Adams.

Lili von Shtupp -
(Hypo het Lav) my first "breeder bought" corn (from Serpwidgets and Hurley), she's named after Madeline Kahn's character in the movie "Blazing Saddles".

Sangre -
(Bloodred) from the Latin root for blood.

Odysseus -
(Pewter) from the king of Ithaca in Greek mythology, of course.

Bubbles -
(Normal het Pewter) taken from your archetypical "ditzy blonde".

Snake Mary -
(Charcoal het diffused) a character from the Steely Dan song "Rose Darling".

Mr. Benchley & Mrs. Parker - (Lavender pair) they're named after jazz-era writers Robert Benchley (grandfather of the author of "Jaws", btw) and Dorothy Parker, members of the Algonquin Round Table.

Earl "The Pearl" Monroe -
(Opal) named after the former New York Knicks guard and NBA Hall of Famer. Of course, opals used to be known as "Pearl Corns".

Emtarkanderundersgunderson -
(Lavender) a tip of the hat to one of my favorite Homestar Runner Strong Bad email episodes.

Louise -
(Opal) the protagonist from the Steely Dan song "Pearl Of The Quarter"; in the Steely Dan tradition, the lyrics are cryptic enough to suggest that Louise is a prostitute. (and again with the pearl references.....)

Phil Connors -
(Hypo het Lavender and Charcoal) Bill Murray's character in "Groundhog Day"

Boon -
(Hypo Lavender) because she's a "boon" to my breeding projects; I can skip a generation because of the addition of the hypo gene.

Nina & Simone -
(Normals het sunkissed, charcoal, and diffused) clutchmate girls named after the jazz singer, Nina Simone.

Anthracite -
(Mexican Black Kingsnake) the purest "grade" of coal, known for its reflective sheen.

Faust & Marguerite -
(male lavender, possible het diffused and hypo; female bloodred, possible het lavender and hypo) two characters from the "Faustus" legend of a man who sells his soul to the devil, which I intended on doing once I got them, as I mentioned in this thread.

And of course, I have a boatload of names ready for some snakes.

regards,
jazz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google