CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

About Leopard Geckos (sorry don't know where else to ask)

Old 08-18-2003, 03:12 AM   #1
SerpentsEmbrace
About Leopard Geckos (sorry don't know where else to ask)

Well, much to my surprise yesterday morning I found two eggs in my leopard gecko's tank. Sadly, I doubt these two will make it, they might have been out on plain gravel for hours, also one was stuck to the tank. So I carefully wet it until it just came off. I kept them up the way I found them... very carefully used moist soil since it was all I had at the moment... and started -attempting- to incubate them at 80 degrees. Well I checked on them tonight. They seem to have well... it appears as if they've deflated a bit... if you understand that at all. These would be my first Leo Eggs ever to appear, I've had them all for quite a while and the females are rather small and since nothing seemed to be 'happening' I wasn't prepared. I should have known better. Can anyone give me any tips on this? I have a female now... that on closer inspection seems gravid as well... And I'd like to give her's a chance should I be correct.

I'm sorry and I realize this isn't the place to post this. But most of you seem knowledgable with herps in general. And I suppose I'd trust your instruction over all. Help me?

Old 08-19-2003, 10:29 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic

Glad to hear about your little clutch! Each female will produce 3-8 clutches of 1-2 eggs through out the season (and may I say, they're starting pretty darn early for the new season! they usually start in January). How is your setup (enclosure)? What is the humidity you have the eggs at? Do you have a male in with the girls; sometimes leos will produce "duds." Make sure to give the girls extra calcium and food because her resources will be very depleted from laying (waxworms would be a good thing to feed them at this time). After he answer my questions, I will be able to go more in depth to help you out!

Old 08-20-2003, 01:36 AM   #3
SerpentsEmbrace
Quote:
Originally posted by blckkat

Glad to hear about your little clutch! Each female will produce 3-8 clutches of 1-2 eggs through out the season (and may I say, they're starting pretty darn early for the new season! they usually start in January). How is your setup (enclosure)? What is the humidity you have the eggs at? Do you have a male in with the girls; sometimes leos will produce "duds." Make sure to give the girls extra calcium and food because her resources will be very depleted from laying (waxworms would be a good thing to feed them at this time). After he answer my questions, I will be able to go more in depth to help you out!

Hm. I do have a male in a group of 3 females, soon to be 4 (apparently i'm Leopard Gecko rescue girl). As a matter of fact just watching him a moment ago, bite and attempt to mate with one made me figure... This may not stop lol. For the 4 I have a 20 Gallon Long tank. This 'Desert Blend Lizard Litter', decent sized water bowl in the middle. A hide box at either side of the tank. For the most part I give them Crickets, Super Worms, Mealworms but i'm sure I can find waxworms, though when I was looking for them earlier at the petshop I wasn't finding any. As for the two so far? They really don't look so great. Like I said I wasn't prepared for them. I don't have any proper incubation equipment... And I couldn't tell you the exact humidity. I have the eggs on top of moist soil and a wet paper towel, covered with a moist paper towel and sitting on a heating pad which is keeping it at exactly 80 degrees. As I mentioned before I doubt these are going to make it, they dont -look- very good though... not -bad- either. (Then again I don't know what a good LG egg looks like...).
So far I'm just... kinda doing what I can, i'm going to pick up proper supplies, Vermiculite etc. is there anything important i need to know, or do?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google