• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Zombie Cornsnake (Seriously vamped out corn)

okay sorry to yell at you when i've only read up to page 5. good luck with your little one you can help her to get through this try a feeder lizard if all else fails. also keep her on paper towels until she has healed and listen to the advice they are giving you. they really do know what they are talking about.

I only wanted to add that the opening of the mouth before looking dead can be a sign of some type of convulsion indeed, I have seen it with some snakes short before the (really) died. So I don't think it was playing dead, it actually got unconscious I think. I'm very surprised it is still alive. I would get the temp right, and not bother it for a couple of days AT ALL. I'm pretty sure it won't eat for some time after tis happened to him. You might want to add some ORS, (Oral Rehydratation Salts) to its water, it's probably available at the pharmacist. Mix it in a lower ratio then on the package, you just want to add a little to help it recover faster.

We'll if you read the thread everything you are telling me now i have already done, her vent is no longer swelled and her movements are back up to average speed. I made a mistake so let it go. She is doing better and has showed more interest in a mouse but has not ate yet. She is in shed.

And what lizard are you suggesting i feed? Because i won't go next to Anoles, most of those are wild caught and loaded with parasites.

Oh and i showed nothing but respect since the first post! I was disrespected first and then again,then again so i replied in the same tone.

Well Naruto, since you bring it up yourself, I disagree that you were the first to be disrespected. To be honest, the only disrespect I have seen in this thread came from you. I do think you are trying to take care of your snake the best you can, but you let your emotions about being 'disrespected' getting in the way of really reading what people actually are telling you. And accepting that you did something wrong and probably hurt your snake yourself, takes some time because that hurts. Getting angry and project that on people over here is way easier and does not hurt. I'm glad you seem to take things better now. Folks here have been quite patient with you in this thread, trust me. Next time you need advice, sit back, read a reply and if you feel disrespected, take a walk and read it again. You might realize that your feelings come from worrying about your snake and what you might have done wrong instead of us disrespecting you. It can't be that we all think you are being disrespectful while it is actually the opposite, think about that seriously please. There are not many rude people on this forum, they get banned quite soon. You'll know the more outspoken ones after a while and learn how to take their posts.

Now back to the topic: did you also add some ORS to her water? I did read the entire thread and have not read anything about it. Show me the post where it says you did and I'll apologise. If she seems hydrated meanwhile, you might forget about it.

I also just wanted to make sure you are not offering food too soon and too often; when do you plan to try to feed her again? I think she needs at least a week in the proper temp to get interested in food again, certainly after the 'near dead experience'.

Anoles are the first recommended species. If you can get a frozen anole somehow, you can rub it to the pinky, parasites won't matter then. Don't know about other species though, sorry. I would first try all other things suggested (cutting, braining, chicken broth, tuna juice and so on)

Good luck and I hope we can see you participate in our nice forum without having to talk about behavior and stuff :duck:

We'll if you read the thread everything you are telling me now i have already done, her vent is no longer swelled and her movements are back up to average speed. I made a mistake so let it go. She is doing better and has showed more interest in a mouse but has not ate yet. She is in shed.

And what lizard are you suggesting i feed? Because i won't go next to Anoles, most of those are wild caught and loaded with parasites.

Oh and i showed nothing but respect since the first post! I was disrespected first and then again,then again so i replied in the same tone.

FANTASTIC to hear. Thank you for following everyone's advice. She will thrive now if you continue. Just don't put the temps back up. It's too hot for her. If she's in shed, she might not still eat. Let her shed and then offer her food again. Just make things as stress free as possible and she'll be ok.

if you have a credit or debit card go to LLLreptile.com and go to their feeders section they have a 'feeder lizard' section. or any small non-spiny lizard will work as long as it is not poisonous or venomous (you probably already figured this out but no amphibians as you never know what the heck they have in their mucus coat) if you can find non wild caught anoles those would be best. if not anything small enough will do try a baby longtailed grass lizard for example. just make sure it is small enough. good luck.

Well Naruto, since you bring it up yourself, I disagree that you were the first to be disrespected. To be honest, the only disrespect I have seen in this thread came from you. I do think you are trying to take care of your snake the best you can, but you let your emotions about being 'disrespected' getting in the way of really reading what people actually are telling you. And accepting that you did something wrong and probably hurt your snake yourself, takes some time because that hurts. Getting angry and project that on people over here is way easier and does not hurt. I'm glad you seem to take things better now. Folks here have been quite patient with you in this thread, trust me. Next time you need advice, sit back, read a reply and if you feel disrespected, take a walk and read it again. You might realize that your feelings come from worrying about your snake and what you might have done wrong instead of us disrespecting you. It can't be that we all think you are being disrespectful while it is actually the opposite, think about that seriously please. There are not many rude people on this forum, they get banned quite soon. You'll know the more outspoken ones after a while and learn how to take their posts.

Now back to the topic: did you also add some ORS to her water? I did read the entire thread and have not read anything about it. Show me the post where it says you did and I'll apologise. If she seems hydrated meanwhile, you might forget about it.

I also just wanted to make sure you are not offering food too soon and too often; when do you plan to try to feed her again? I think she needs at least a week in the proper temp to get interested in food again, certainly after the 'near dead experience'.

Anoles are the first recommended species. If you can get a frozen anole somehow, you can rub it to the pinky, parasites won't matter then. Don't know about other species though, sorry. I would first try all other things suggested (cutting, braining, chicken broth, tuna juice and so on)

Good luck and I hope we can see you participate in our nice forum without having to talk about behavior and stuff :duck:

Couldn't care less ;)

Can't understand that people can behave like that... I had hope I would somehow get him to understand but he is a lost case...

Is this snake still alive? I am very curious about the condition of her and whether or not you have acquired more snakes. I am also curious either the success or failure that you have had with any other corn snakes that you have acquired. I hope you have taken the advice from the countless herpers on this forum into consideration. Please, let me know.

Thanks,
Matt

I know this is an old thread, I was just reading it. What annoys me is all these people who get snakes (or ANY animal) and then just say no to a vet visit because they can't afford it. That is part of ownership. This poster even mentions they are going to get four more. If you can't afford to take one to the vet, you cannot afford four more. I think it is horribly cruel to deny an animal care--as evidenced by my dogs/vet bill on my credit card! Thankfully our corn has always been healthy. It is part of pet ownership to me.

Back