CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Best captures

Old 12-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
AliCat37
HOLY COW That is one HUGE rat snake Nanci!

Old 12-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
Cat_Eyed_Lady
Holy cow Nanci! Thats a monster! hehe Do all gray rats get That big?? I thought they stayed more cornish size? WOW! hehe maybe I shouldnt have gotten my white oak gray rat! hehe

Old 12-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
Nanci
This was pretty memorable, too. I was with Katie at Kanapaha Botanical Gardens (in Gainesville, FL) and just saw this Florida Blue Garter laying there, so I picked it up!

Old 12-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #14
Nanci
Catching a gator...

Old 12-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #15
Cat_Eyed_Lady
Yowzers! What a beautiful "dont tread on me" face! hehe cute little puffed up cheeks

Old 12-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #16
Cat_Eyed_Lady
LOL hehe Nanci! your nuts! LOL So glad you didnt fall in and become that things munchy!

Old 12-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #17
Nanci
I caught this guy at a terrified friend's house. The first adult black racer I ever caught. They are FAST!! I've caught a couple more since then. This snake bit the CRAP out of me, right in front of my horrified friend. I released him at my house. He's probably eating all my anoles!

Old 12-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #18
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Here's one of my favorites! First Gray Rat!!
Man, I've never seen a gray rat snake that DARK before. They are much lighter colored up around this area.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
AliCat37
No fair Nanci! I'm going to have to go wrestle rattlers now, since all your captures are way cooler than everyone elses! Lucky you being in Florida haha. All we have here are rattlers, bulls, and garters. And lots of little fence lizards.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #20
Optreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
No fair Nanci! I'm going to have to go wrestle rattlers now, since all your captures are way cooler than everyone elses! Lucky you being in Florida haha. All we have here are rattlers, bulls, and garters. And lots of little fence lizards.
You probably have better luck there than here. In Ohio, you are pretty lucky just to find a garter snake or American toad...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google