CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

possible new morph? You decide

Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #91
BloodyBaroness
Umm...no. It is not recommenced to "pip" or "cut" the eggs yourself. So you did that right.

Cutting is a practice done more by ball python breeders for various reasons, some logical, most not.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #92
airenlow
Yep, what Autumn said. Good job not cutting the eggs!

Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #93
Shiari
One person at a different forum did an experiment where he did a much lower temperature incubation than normal. The longer, colder, incubation time affected the coloring quite a bit, and that could be what's going on with your babies.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #94
aries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
One person at a different forum did an experiment where he did a much lower temperature incubation than normal. The longer, colder, incubation time affected the coloring quite a bit, and that could be what's going on with your babies.
My temp stayed a perfect consistently.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #95
Shiari
Your eggs were kept at what temperature then? Because incubating between 79 and 81 got me pips at 70 days and that's the low end of the 'normal' incubation temperature range in captivity. To get 90 + days incubation time, you were probably incubating around 76 degrees or lower.

And are you willing to admit you were mistaken about what an amel and anery are, and how they relate to normals?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #96
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries View Post
Airenlo no they have not yet. I am still waiting, much like i did for them to hatch. They waited to pip until 96 days. I will post pics to this thread once they shed. Ok so as to make all the contributers happy: I did not pip them myself, i know others will come with nasty,hateful, but coated in "educational/ helpful" responses, i dont pip because i dont like the idea of making it easier for my babies to fully hatch. Pipping an egg takes the fundamental order of strong health babies and accepts weakerand more prone to illness and eventual death. Now i feel certin others do this successfully all the time, i just choose to be different.
Um, most people involved with colubrids don't slit their eggs. As far as the "nasty, hateful but coated in educational/ helpful responses"....I HAD tried to help you, I really did. Goddess knows you NEED help. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and you slapped me in the face. It appears that my initial feelings about you were the correct ones, and I am pretty sure I don't like you at all. So here is the deal....you go your way, I go mine. But if I EVER see you advertising babies for sale and misrepresenting them, I promise you I will let it be known. You know NOTHING about genetics.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #97
Chip
Quote:
My temp stayed a perfect consistently.
A perfect what?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #98
aries
Wow lots of response as i figured. My incubator stayed between 80 and 82 degrees F. Controlled by a thermostat and monitered by two thermometers one digital one nondigital. Both of these were closely monitered on a daily basis. This was only one of twelve clutches that took this long to pip. Please dont respond unless you intend to answer the actual original question that was asked. I dont need grammer lessons and genetic lessons. Like i said a long time ago with corns until you breed them and develop the eggs you never know what hidden traits,"recessive traits".

Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #99
aries
Red face

Quote:
Wow lots of response as i figured. My incubator stayed between 80 and 82 degrees F. Controlled by a thermostat and monitered by two thermometers one digital one nondigital. Both of these were closely monitered on a daily basis. This was only one of twelve clutches that took this long to pip. Please dont respond unless you intend to answer the actual original question that was asked. I dont need grammer lessons and genetic lessons. Like i said a long time ago with corns until you breed them and develop the eggs you never know what hidden traits,"recessive traits".
FYI when i respond to this i am using a phone not a computer. So sorry if my phones buttons fail to cooperate when i text in response

Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #100
starsevol
Quote:
Sorry but you can't tell people how they can and cannot respond on this forum. And if you don't think you need grammar lessons or genetics lessons you have another think coming.

As it has been said before, time and again in this thread, what you have worked so hard for is a normal. Repeat after me....norrrmallllllll...........

You might have mashed a bunch of genes together for years and years, but it appears that most were incompatible and when they are incompatible you get...normals!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google