CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Purist Breeders

Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #61
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Serpentis View Post
Alaskan Klee Kai ring a bell Starsevol?
Um, nope.

So, what has been accomplished here?
We have established that the progeny of snakes that have been in captivity since the 1950s really cannot be tracked back to their wild counterparts.

We have reestablished that carpe's dna and paternity test idea is still an utter joke.

We have reestablised that hybriziders that dump pure looking stock are to blame for the death of the corn snake species in captivity, despite carpe saying that people who buy snakes with the intent to breed them need to verify that the snake is what the seller says it is.

Minds have not been changed on either side, except that fantasies of humanely destroying millions of hybrid monsters will probably be in my dreams tonight.

People who took carpe off of ignore have learned their lesson and put him back where he belongs.

Carpe has reestblished himself as a tireless hybrid excuser and promoter.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #62
airenlow
Who doesn't own any hybrids.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #63
starsevol
Quote:
As for your diamond analogy and a hybridizer trying to sell you a hybrid as a pure specimen. I don't think hybridizers are trying to sell you hybrids as pure snakes. I think breeders are trying to sell hybrids to you as pure snakes. So, its a faulty analogy. I think this happens because breeders don't know or question the lineage of their snakes. If it looks like a corn then its a corn. If thats your standard role with it and I applaud it.
So what to hybridizers do with by products? By products don't look like the target, but if they look like the pure parent a hybridizer will sell it anyway he can, or dump it with a wholesaler.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #64
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
That first paragraph is completely and totally false. Pedigree dogs are NEVER bred to make mutts with other breeds.
I don't think you are as smart as you think you are.....
I guess some idiot's would, just like the snake thing.

See, I happen to know a little something about AKC registered dog breeds,...specifically show-quality breeds. My mother was a very highly respected and well-known breeder of Standard Schnauzers, and then for the next 30 plus years Miniature Whire-Haired Dachshunds acquired from the winningest Dachshund of all-time in the entire world (in 1969).

She was an AKC certified show judge, professional handler, obedience trainer, Chair-person president of the South Florida Dauchshund Club of America, show-coat Terrier groomer, and when she passed away in 2006, the show dedicated an entire "Parade of Champions" of her champion bloodline in her honor that were owned and shown by many others. Since 1958, she and other like-minded peers never ONCE bred another type of dog into their pure-bred show-quality stock to make a mutt and pass off as a AKC pure-bred line!!!.........NOT ONCE!........that is simply pure BS!.

This is just one example of her "DasTropen" champion stock that was acquired by her friend in Alaska and became a finnished champion as well. There were countless other finished champions that she produced over the years. She was into quality showdogs like I am into quality snakes.

http://www.buenavistadogs.com/index_files/Page673.htm

~Doug

Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #65
Carpe Serpentis
http://www.alaskankleekai.com/spurlin/history.htm

There you go Dmong. I can find more for you, but as you say your an expert you won't need me to dig them all up for you.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #66
Carpe Serpentis
As for your continued lame blaming of hybridizers forcing their hybrid stock into your pure specimens that you and others breed. I don't buy it anymore than someone who states they found a dog in the wild and it looked like a purebreed so they were forced to breed it to their pure breeds. You choose what you breed with... not some hybridizer.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #67
DMong
Quote:
So what to hybridizers do with by products? By products don't look like the target, but if they look like the pure parent a hybridizer will sell it anyway he can, or dump it with a wholesaler.
.........BINGO!!!

no more needs to be said there.

~Doug

Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #68
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Your making an assumption here. There is such a thing called culling that many breeders and hybriders do with their stock. There are other options as well, but to make it look like all hybridizers are simply going to sell their pure looking stock as pure is simply a crazy overgeneralization.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #69
airenlow
Approved bitches only. WTG Pablo!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #70
starsevol
Quote:
As for your continued lame blaming of hybridizers forcing their hybrid stock into your pure specimens that you and others breed. I don't buy it anymore than someone who states they found a dog in the wild and it looked like a purebreed so they were forced to breed it to their pure breeds. You choose what you breed with... not some hybridizer.
Wen someone sells an animal AS A CORNSNAKE and it is bred and is not a cornsnake, that is no where near finding a dog in the wild that looks like a poodle.

Quote:
Your making an assumption here. There is such a thing called culling that many breeders and hybriders do with their stock. There are other options as well, but to make it look like all hybridizers are simply going to sell their pure looking stock as pure is simply a crazy overgeneralization.
Sorry, but nope. It's not. If it "looks" pure and they can make money off of it, why cull it? Anyone who would trick a snake into breeding with something it wouldn't and shouldn't is capable of just about anything.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google