CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Purist Breeders

Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #81
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
The POINT of creating hybrids is to make something different.
The misguided people who want something different won't settle for a hybrid that looks pure.
If you are a HYBRID breeder, and half of your mutts look pure, you sell them as pure because if they look pure no one will ever know, and no hybrid buyer would ever want them.

ahhhh,........stop presenting so many perfectly legitimate FACTS!....would ya?? He's running out of bogus pseud-justification counter arguements..LMAO!!!

It won't stop him from starting all over again though......*sigh*

~Doug

Old 02-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #82
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMong View Post
ahhhh,........stop presenting so many perfectly legitimate FACTS!....would ya?? He's running out of bogus pseud-justification counter arguements..LMAO!!!

It won't stop him from starting all over again though......*sigh*

~Doug
But but...dna tests...paternity tests.....hybrid vigor....and they look look look so perty......and bad people do bad things and you need to be a genetics wiz and an expert in taxonomy if you want pure corns because the label can say anything at all....but don't blame the creators of the beautiful wonderful hybridssswsssssssssssssssssssssssss....

You mean like that?

Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #83
DMong
Quote:
Personally, ANY snake I breed is from someone I trust, and in most cases I knew where the parents of those snakes came from as well.
But what about the ancestors down the line? What about the kids breeding pet shop snakes who don't know a hypo from a trundlefart? (sorry Nanci).

Sorry, I think that the creators of the crap need to be blamed.

Gosh, there probably can't be more than say.... 3,000,000 to 5,000,000 of those snake shop buyers acquiring and breeding folds more false corns. How would there ever be any mutts produced and distributed everywhere that way??

(major sarcasm of course)

~Doug

Old 02-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #84
DMong
Quote:
But but...dna tests...paternity tests.....hybrid vigor....and they look look look so perty......and bad people do bad things and you need to be a genetics wiz and an expert in taxonomy if you want pure corns because the label can say anything at all....but don't blame the creators of the beautiful wonderful hybridssswsssssssssssssssssssssssss....

You mean like that?

AAAHHHAHAHAHAA!!!!......JUST like that!

I was cracking up reading that...

Old 02-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #85
starsevol
Quote:
AAAHHHAHAHAHAA!!!!......JUST like that!

I was cracking up reading that...
I've been paying attention.

He seems to think that hybridizers are blameless, but ask yourself this.
If someone is a purest, or THINKS that what they have is pure, they tend not to dump or wholesale or mislabel animals.
They have nothing to hide or at least they believe they have nothing to hide.

But when species lines are crossed, that's when you get hybrids that look pure. Who is most likely to have them in the first place?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #86
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Gosh, there probably can't be more than say.... 3,000,000 to 5,000,000 of those snake shop buyers acquiring and breeding folds more false corns. How would there ever be any mutts produced and distributed everywhere that way??

(major sarcasm of course)

~Doug
So, your trying to tell me that the dishonesty amongst corn snake breeders is exceptionally high? Okay, I'll buy that for a dollar. Now, even if there is some secret agenda by these evil hybridizers that are seeking to destroy your private pure corn snake collections.... wouldn't you want to ensure some protections? I'm beginning to get frightened that someone is going to slip into my house and put some pure corn snake looking hybrids into my house with all this dishonesty going on rampantly in this hobby.

I simply don't know what purists are going to do... I guess they will have to continue to breed corn snakes of unknown origin as the damage has already been done and they are helpless to develop a means to keep them out. The evil hybridizer war has been won!!!! Muaaahhaaaa insert evil laugh there.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #87
Carpe Serpentis
"3,000,000 to 5,000,000 of those snake shop buyers acquiring and breeding folds more false corns." Dmong... I never realized how unethical corn snake breeders were. But you have made it abundantly clear.... I'm not sure who I can trust now. Oh, I know, I can trust you Dmong. Your the one I can trust. And of course Starsevol. Can't forget how trustworthy she is.

See sarcasm works both ways. You may even have a valid point, but sarcasm closes down doors quick.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #88
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Serpentis View Post
"3,000,000 to 5,000,000 of those snake shop buyers acquiring and breeding folds more false corns." Dmong... I never realized how unethical corn snake breeders were. But you have made it abundantly clear.... I'm not sure who I can trust now. Oh, I know, I can trust you Dmong. Your the one I can trust. And of course Starsevol. Can't forget how trustworthy she is.

See sarcasm works both ways. You may even have a valid point, but sarcasm closes down doors quick.
Those 3,000.000 to 5,000.000 snake shop buyers are not dishonest. They just have no idea how badly polluted the pure cornsnake species has become BECAUSE OF HYBRIDIZERS.

But being a hybridizer yourself the more polluted the better, right?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #89
Nanci
Quote:
What about the kids breeding pet shop snakes who don't know a hypo from a trundlefart? (sorry Nanci).
Beth .

Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #90
Carpe Serpentis
This is what I've learned though in this thread that I was after.
1. No one has any pure corn snake morphs that can be traced back to the wild or if they are they aren't telling.

2. Hybrids are so rampant in the gene pool of whats available that there really is no point in fighting it. Its futile when so many are selling impure specimens.

3. A great deal of dishonesty seems to be taking place if so many hybrids are out there being sold as pure corns as it is and there is little trust for someone to simply hybridize and another to breed pure specimens.

4. There is little hope for the new hobbiest of acquiring pure specimens before he has become a part of the problem that purists hate.

5. When you lack a good argument for why so many impure corn snakes are in purist collections.... you can always fall back on blaming the evil hybridizer. It wasn't my fault... Some hybridizer snuck it into my collection, but now I guess the hobby is stuck with it as its breeding now.

6. I could go on, but there is really no point other than to say, my original post was sincere and after being attacked by Starsevol in her very first reply to this thread... It became readily clear that this thread may deteriorate very fast. I believe thats whats called self-fulfilling prophecy in pscychology. You believe things will go a certain way so you jump on and start berating them from the start thus instigating defense and so on and so forth and here we are. I take full responsibility for letting you get my goat. I won't blame my hybrids on your introducing them into my argument so to speak.

I really did simply want to know how many morphs lineages could be traced back to wild caught origins in their entirety . The simple answer to end this post could have been... there are none... or there is one... etc.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google