CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

There should be a torture chamber for...

Old 10-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #51
CodeRed
I was in a driving class and the teacher told us about how he'd driven with a girl, a very slow driver not going past the 20 mph zone and such, and how when he was driving with her she spotted a groundhog and slammed on the gas. The teacher stepped on the break just in time to miss the animal, but the girl complained that he'd cost her "points". Apparently, the girl's family keeps a point system depending on the animal hit. Groundhogs are worth 20 points. On the way back home another groundhog, or perhaps the same, ran out onto the road, and the girl slammed on the gas and killed it. She got her points in the end, but the groundhog lost the ultimate game.
It sickened me as people in the class laughed. Life meant so little to them...

Old 10-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #52
TandJ
Wow.. resurection after 5yrs..

Old 10-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #53
CodeRed
Holy crow, didn't see the years (: Well, then. Glad to see old threads? Maybe?

Old 01-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #54
dan803

Enraging and disturbing. That's how those psycho serial killers start, with small defenseless animals. People like that should be put away.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #55
Jdog3131
Wow sometimes the people need to think about what they would feel like if they were that animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(guns aimed at people who hate animals or very stupid people)

Old 01-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #56
Dreamsnake
As a girl growing up in Louisiana and East Texas in the 80s I saw a lot of animal abuse as well as racism. I noticed that the kids who laughed at the racist jokes were also the kids who enjoyed torturing animals. I'd habitually rescue snakes and lizards from these jerks, but once I stood between a group of evil kids and my own two cats. My cats survived that day.

On a separate occasion at recess I was held down by two boys while another sadist hurt me. I was the one who got in trouble as the principle tried to convince that my screams of terror, humiliation, and pain was laughter and I led the boys on. I was never granted justice for this, and the boys learned they could get away with sadism.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #57
Allalaskan
up here, you aim to hit an animal, you may not live. People die up here every year from hitting moose and bears.

But I do know a few people who get a kick out of running over small animals. I will do my best to keep from hitting an animal but there are times when its to late to avoid.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 AM   #58
Nitelion94
I know people who would hit cats for fun..........

Old 01-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #59
Jdog3131
Quote:
...but there are times when its to late to avoid.
Well thats understadable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitelion94 View Post
I know people who would hit cats for fun..........
I don't even want to know who your talking about.

Quote:
As a girl growing up in Louisiana and East Texas in the 80s I saw a lot of animal abuse as well as racism. I noticed that the kids who laughed at the racist jokes were also the kids who enjoyed torturing animals. I'd habitually rescue snakes and lizards from these jerks, but once I stood between a group of evil kids and my own two cats. My cats survived that day.

...I was never granted justice for this
Wow just wow,
Those boys should be suspended...

Old 01-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #60
cornsnakelovah
Watching an animal get run over is a very frightning experience.
I had the unfortunate displeasure to be in the car directly next to a second car that
hit a large black lab. We stopped to help, and me and my sister ran up the driveway of the house to se if they where home. Sadly, the dog died while we franticly ran up the driveway. Thank g-d it was not a case of hit and run.
The lady who hit the animal stopped and did all she could. the dog's owners came home right about then.
At east there are some compassionet people in this world still.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google