• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"Eye bands" on striped/cubed/motley

Serpwidgets

What I'm talking about is the band of "saddle color" that goes from one eye, across the nose, to the other eye. :)

What seems to be a theme here is that stripes have a thinned out band compared to others, including motleys and other non-striped clutchmates.

So now I'm curious: does anyone have striped corns that defy this "rule" (and please post pictures.)

I'm also curious: do "cubed" specimens have a thin or thick band? (Again, please post pics.)

:wavey:

Attachments

• eyebar.PNG
    eyebar.PNG
    46.7 KB · Views: 175
Here's a cube followed by a regular motley...

Attachments

• DSC_2229.JPG
    DSC_2229.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC_2231.JPG
    DSC_2231.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 187
I don't have a large sample group of stripes and motleys, and I have no cubes. But my stripes and motleys conform to your observations (i.e. very thin eye-band in stripes, normal eye-band in mots).

mbdorfer said:
Um, Joe, you can relax the grip a bit on that cube, his eyes are popping out!
:sidestep:
:roflmao:

mbdorfer said:

The little guy does look a bit alarmed, doesn't he? hehehe

Hi All - here are two pics I happened to have at work.

My stripe, Whisper has quite a thin band and Moya, my snow motley has a thicker one. With a diamond shape in the middle, but still thick.

Interesting observation! :cheers:

-Tonya

Attachments

• thumb_WhisperHeadshot.jpg
    thumb_WhisperHeadshot.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Moya2.jpg
    Moya2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 161
Serp, I'll be hatching out 2 more clutches of Stripes within the next 2-4 weeks. Would you like me to take head shots of each for comparison? I can actually do ALL of my animals young and adults (Mots & Stripes) now for you if it's helpful.

mbdorfer said:
OMG, if you wouldn't have said it, I would have!! I was thinking the same exact thing! ROFLMAO!!!!

Here is the only cube I have and a head shot of a pin-striped anery mot. All of my motleys look like the anery mot's head pattern, I checked. :D

Attachments

• Cube.jpg
    Cube.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Striped Motley.jpg
    Striped Motley.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 154
Heh, I was waiting for someone to post: "Joe, dude, you're supposed to pop the OTHER end." :grin01:

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has already put in comments, observations, and pics. And yeah, the more pics the merrier. :D

1st Set

Ignore how ugly they are, they've just went into shed. :)

clutch2006.jpg

This is all that I had copies of at work.

Lavender Stripe
f7eb3688.jpg

Coral Motley
4a030380.jpg

Amel Motley het Stripe Butter
e5fa2385.jpg

Ultramel Motley
564d6771.jpg

Champagne Stripe
6a8935f3.jpg

Ruby/Blue Eye Striped Ghost
71c08504.jpg

Normal Stripe and Snow Stripe
2a9f88a4.jpg

blckkat said:
Ignore how ugly they are, they've just went into shed. :)

clutch2006.jpg

YAY! The girl on the top left and the boy in the 2nd square under her that is milky are going to be MINE! It's neat to see more pics of them, can't wait till my babies are home :cheers:

I was a little sad I couldn't get in on this one, as I have my first stripes on their way in a few weeks. But there they are :crazy02:

Back