CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

View Poll Results: Peach hypo what do you think it should be called
peach hypo 11 22.00%
peach corn 4 8.00%
peach phase 4 8.00%
peach 31 62.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

peach hypo what do you think it should be called

Old 09-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #31
Vinman
If I'm not misteaen when I told Rich Z about the cross I did ( if he remembers ) I think that he crossed a carmel to a lavender and got nothing came out of it . I could be misstaken Rich Z can you clear it up. I'm not totaly sure??? please put your input

hurley look at the attitude I got thown at me, who is anybody to tell what I should call them . I think It was nice of me to start this poll in the first place. To see what people think not to be toll what to do. By no means dont take this post as being nasty I'm just stating the facts. look at it on both sides .You know if I want to be nasty I can and I'm doing my best to not be Nasty. Childish I dont think so . Just making sure that no ones gona think they are gona tell what I should call my project. That was the point to cross the hypo lavender bloodres to the amber . At the time I did this cross the ambers were up there in price and could bred her to my amber motley. I took a sacrifice and breed it to the hypo lavender bloodred to see what I can get out of the cross

Old 09-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #32
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
Rich humes or me can name it what ever we want . nobody in the past ask any body permission before . rich and me are the only two people that have produced the morph we have the only 3 in the hobby . So by all means we will chose the name The poll is just to get everybodys oppion .Let me make this clear to everbody. I will discuss the out come with rich humes and we will come to a discussion. It is our ball .
  1. I don't really care what you name it. Personally, the morph doesn't do anything for me.
  2. I don't really care if it is your ball. As pointed out by others, it's not your court. You can call it the "Whamo-Super-Hypo-Peachy-Trundlefart-A-Rama!!!", but if the public doesn't go for it, it matters not one whit. Look at how "Lavender" replaced "Mocha". Look at how "Plasma" is not really getting the acceptance that "Diffused Lavender" or "Lavender Bloodred" are. The same holds true for "Sulfur". I first chimed in on these forums when the issue of the trade name "Raider" was being bandied about. Simply put, you're not going to receive any royalties, commissions, or residuals from giving it a trade name, and as there are no specific peer-reviewed Pantherophis guttata scientific journals, your bust won't be appearing in The Cornsnake Hall Of Fame for a trade name.
  3. Call me presumptuous, but what will improve your reputation among your peers is your civility, insight, integrity, and generosity of knowledge. All the "big names" in this endeavor - Bechtel, Love, Zuchowski, Soderberg - have developed reputations beyond reproach for exactly those qualities.
  4. Get used to being questioned and critiqued if you plan on making a name for yourself here. Your behavior of locking threads and determining who can and cannot respond is the equivalent of a child plugging his ears and shouting "La La La La La La La La, I can't hear you!!!"
  5. Starting this poll is NOT an act of generosity on your part. It is an act of information gathering, and, I suspect, shallow validation.
  6. Get over yourself.
regards,
jazz

Old 09-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #33
diamondlil
Maybe I'm missing a point here but isn't it just a peachy ghost-type corn? How old are the ones you have and how long until there are breeding trials?

Old 09-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #34
Vinman
Jazz , let me start off with I have nothing agenst you. I said I could have locked up this thread but did not because i didnot want to mess up the poll. If I could done so I would have I only put this up for a poll. The fact your comment that the ball is not in my court is the point . Who are you to tell anybody what they should name any morph that they worked on. Take a step back and look at it from my point of veiw. How would you like it if it was said to you . I think that it was out of line. Sorry but no one has told anybody that you dont have the choice in what to name a morph they created. I still will defend what I said it was nice of me to start this poll. I started this poll just to get some feedback, thats all. I did not start this poll so someone can tell me what is should be called and it is not in my control. how dare anybody to have that gaul to do that. no one told or question bill love whet he coind the name ghost or eddie leach when he called his morph and a gene I made add a blodred or Joe e peirce went from transparent to lava and all the other morphs out there but for me it is diffrent Bull pucky

Old 09-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #35
Kat

Why is it that that color is called "peach" anyway? It's not like the peaches in the grocery store ever carry that color. I mean, c'mon. You can find orange-colored oranges, lemons that are lemony yellow, and even strawberries that are a nice strawberry red. So why is it you never see a peach-colored peach?

-Kat

Old 09-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #36
kimbyra
I'd love to see a picture, I mean what "color" are we really talkin' about here?
From all the info given, I voted that peach works.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #37
diamondlil
'Nude' like in cosmetics is the closest colour I can think of for the comparison, or maybe 'panstick' like my aunty used to wear?

Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #38
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
Maybe I'm missing a point here but isn't it just a peachy ghost-type corn? How old are the ones you have and how long until there are breeding trials?
thank you for some positve feed back The one in the pic I provied in my add and on the other thread about the peach hypo is a yearling. If I could take pic's I would take them in every step that I could in their delvolpement. from hatchling to full adult.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #39
kimbyra
Remember the Crayola crayon incident? "Nude" for beige is considered racist. lol "Nekkid" is funny though.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #40
kimbyra
Sorry to double post...
After seeing the pics, Peach describes the morph very well IMO. I want one!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google